ok, because the other thread was closed, let's start again.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to convert guitar tabs to the violin. I have an electric violin and music is very hard to find. If anyone knows a way or a program that is able to do this, please post.

I can read standard notation quite well, I've played the piano for 14 years and started violin a little while later.
If anyone can tell me how to change guitar tabs directly to the violin without using a program, I would pefer to try that way instead of using a program because I would like to know how to convert them without a program so I can convert tabs away from the computer, like with a band.
get the tab, and write it out as notes...
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
How are the notes set on the guitar? I've heard that every fret is a half note. Do guitar tabs count the top fret, the white bar by the strings, the first fret or is it not played? I don't play the guitar too much, obviousally.
Quote by Ninjake
get the tab, and write it out as notes...

This.
Powertab (which is free) displays standard notation and the corresponding tablature.

Learn the notes on the guitar fretboard. Every fret is a half step Like on the low E, the open string is E, the first fret is F and so on.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Redelectric
How are the notes set on the guitar? I've heard that every fret is a half note. Do guitar tabs count the top fret, the white bar by the strings, the first fret or is it not played? I don't play the guitar too much, obviousally.

You mean the nut? Open strings are tabbed as "0"
So, if i print off....Never Too Late by Three Days Grace and try to transcribe it over to the violin it should work. It makes sense, but my violin, like most, has only 4 strings. The guitar has 6. Do you see what I'm trying to say?
Should I write out the guitar tabs onto sheet music and then see how it corresponds?
Maybe I'm over thinking this.
Ignore the tab and look at guitar pro's or power tab's standard notation and convert it onto the violin.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Redelectric
So, if i print off....Never Too Late by Three Days Grace and try to transcribe it over to the violin it should work. It makes sense, but my violin, like most, has only 4 strings. The guitar has 6. Do you see what I'm trying to say?
Should I write out the guitar tabs onto sheet music and then see how it corresponds?
Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Either I'm confused as to what you're asking or you haven't thought this through very well.

They have different ranges, yes. Like if you want to play the same pitch as the low E of a guitar on a violin, you're pretty much fucked. And you can't really strum chords and such on a violin.
I think I confused myself there. I know they have different ranges and violins can not play chords.
If I take the guitar tabs and put it in standard notation and then play it on the violin, it should sound the same, the same melody, right?
Quote by Redelectric
I think I confused myself there. I know they have different ranges and violins can not play chords.
If I take the guitar tabs and put it in standard notation and then play it on the violin, it should sound the same, the same melody, right?

More or less. The same phrasing of notes will be the same phrasing of notes.