Okay, I'm gonna sound like a noob, but what are some reasons for having an overdrive pedal? Also, I plan on getting another pedal to complete my pedal board, but I don't know what pedal. :/ Help?

Currently, I'm planning on getting a chromatic tuner (yeah, I know, I should've gotten that before, but oh well), a wah, and a footswitch so I can switch from clean to some sort of overdrive on my amp.

Oh yeah, and I already have delay pedals and a distortion, so don't bother mentioning that.
Real men tune with their ears

I would go with a tube amp rather than new pedals. You are certainly not using them to effect with a Cube 30, since it already has effects built in...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
Real men tune with their ears

I would go with a tube amp rather than new pedals. You are certainly not using them to effect with a Cube 30, since it already has effects built in...

I don't have the money for a tube amp.
Start savin budday! They sound soo much betta!
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
I don't know why people think tube amps are expensive. You can get a Valveking, a Crate V series, a Blues Jr, anything like that, for a very reasonable price.
Quote by tomypg
Start savin budday! They sound soo much betta!

Ugh. Fine. If everyone insist on a tube amp I will.
Okay, well, can anyone tell me the purpose of an overdrive please? >_<
real men do tune with their ears and overdrive pedals are for amps that dont have it or the amp overdrive isnt what the player wants....... why do you have pedals with a cube 30x?
Quote by sbinlb
real men do tune with their ears and overdrive pedals are for amps that dont have it or the amp overdrive isnt what the player wants....... why do you have pedals with a cube 30x?

Um...because I'm 15 and I don't have a job, and I'm a noob?
Overdrives are meant to simulate the sound of a real tube amp, but they work best for adding gain to a tube amp (IMO)
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Honesty

You don't HAVE to buy a tube amp or anything, it's not a prerequisite to play guitar. Just that buying more pedals at this point is kind of a waste.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
mm'kay. Thanks.

Just to clear things up, the only thing I use on my cube is the clean. >_< I don't use anything else because it's easier for me to just use a pedal to get the sound I want. Besides, I don't have to use a certain thing with a certain amp (ie tube or solid state or whatever) I can use my own creativity by using pedals with a cheap amp and save money.
Quote by Exo M7
Honesty

You don't HAVE to buy a tube amp or anything, it's not a prerequisite to play guitar. Just that buying more pedals at this point is kind of a waste.

Meh. I like my own sound at my feet. I'm weird like that. But, I'm definitely getting a new amp...when I have enough money. >_> And probably when I have a job and my license.
If you like the way the DS1 sounds to you more power to you, but most of us are a bit more picky and aren't satisfied with subpar pedals.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not