I haven't done this recently, but it was within the last 6 ish months so would it still count?

Either way, I bought a Hondo deluxe 781 series, bought it with 2 broken tuners, no nut, a broken humbucker, dodgy wiring and a bowed neck. Cost me £7.50. Here it was originally:

I then decided I wanted to paint it, so I decided on light green on the edge and a black centre, as shown here:

I apologize for the bad picture, it looked alot better in person.

I rushed this paintjob, and quickly got annoyed with the imperfections, so I decided to do it dark green:

I completely screwed this up, so I just painted it black again and have finished with it for now. I may paint it again in the summer. Without paint the total cost was about £20, with paint it's probably around £50.

I have a tele body lying around, so if this doesn't qualify in the game then I'll do a tele build after xmas.
Last edited by dandadog at Dec 23, 2008,
Looks neat... Add another humbucker, and either get a hardtail bridge or, if you have the money, a Floyd Rose, and you could have a seriously nice guitar
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
Quote by dandadog
Sarcasm?

no, I actually really wish I had the time to do this 100 GBP build thing. great way to start, and for some reason I really want a crap ass guitar compiled of a whole buncha stuff.

The tele control plate looks awesome with the shape, it's so simple yet , yet...., wow.
Quote by Coolcat13
Looks neat... Add another humbucker, and either get a hardtail bridge or, if you have the money, a Floyd Rose, and you could have a seriously nice guitar

I was thinking of doing something like this, problem is I don't have a router. If I can get my hands on a router, I'm gonna add a single coil in the neck and a floyd rose for the bridge, and possibly a killswitch. But the chances of getting my hands on a router are slim to none.

Edit.

Quote by JDizzle787
no, I actually really wish I had the time to do this 100 GBP build thing. great way to start, and for some reason I really want a crap ass guitar compiled of a whole buncha stuff.

The tele control plate looks awesome with the shape, it's so simple yet , yet...., wow.

Ah, I getcha. Who thinks I should paint it bright yellow?
Quote by CobenBlack
i think this should count - altho i'd like to see another build that was done alongside everyone else too.

Hence the tele build.
dude the green trim looked pretty damn cool to me
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
so does it work, you said the humbucker didn't work.

You know, if you gave this guitar a relic job it would look so nice with the rusty pickup and bridge and everything
I'm fan of Explorer styled guitars and I liked the black with green trim the best. I'm not really a fan of the Tele styled control plate on an Explorer body. If it was mine I'd make a new one out of some black pickguard material. It's still cool though.
Quote by guitarcam123
so does it work, you said the humbucker didn't work.

You know, if you gave this guitar a relic job it would look so nice with the rusty pickup and bridge and everything

Yeah it all works now.. Can't remember what I did to fix it, but it worked.

As said a few posts above, I wanna route a single coil in, so I may take your advice and give it a relic job then.

What do you think I should do for the 'relic'? Most of them I've seen on here look way too faked. But underneath the black on this I still have dark green so I could get a weird mix of the 2...
i liked it with the green outline
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Quote by vinc3nt
i liked it with the green outline

Would have been better if the headstock had an outline too.
Me and a mate decided to clean this up, so we got rid of all the rust/gunk from the pickup, stuck a new bridge in there, and cleaned up the control plate. Looks alot nicer now:

But I've run into a problem. I have the bridge flush to the body, and with the saddles set as high as possible, I get an insane amount of fret buzz, even when played open. There aren't any distinguishable notes, so I'm thinking it's a problem with the neck? It seems to be dead straight, maybe I need to adjust the truss rod?
Quote by LP Addict
this isnt a "build", so.... disqualified.

Really couldn't care if this passes your specifications or not, Coben has already said this counts and I posted this a long time ago.

I just need help with the problem in the post.
truss rod
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Truss rod.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by dandadog
Really couldn't care if this passes your specifications or not, Coben has already said this counts and I posted this a long time ago.

I just need help with the problem in the post.

i know, we just had a whine-thread about these things and how annoying they are, i think its actually going to win "most annoying thread(s) of the year"
Quote by LP Addict
i know, we just had a whine-thread about these things and how annoying they are, i think its actually going to win "most annoying thread(s) of the year"

Ah, ok. I just wasn't going to post an entirely new thread over an old thing.
Quote by LP Addict

C'mon man, you could be a little less self-important acting about all this. Hooray, you can make a full guitar and some of us can't! Woo! We know, and acknowledge that. This 100GBP thing has the GB&C more active and interesting to read than it ever has been before, and you act like it's no big **** to do any of this. Grow up.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
its not easy to grow up when you are a teenager and you're already pressed into society skipping college. but enough thread hogging. it is likely that the new bridge is the culprit. i am sure your action is extremely low, it should be at 2 or 3/32'' at the 12th fret. the best way to do this is to take your neck out of the body and plane the neck heel, or sand it with a flat block. a plane is the best option.
dammit, thought i was getting a combo going with mintsauce...
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
Quote by LP Addict
its not easy to grow up when you are a teenager and you're already pressed into society skipping college. but enough thread hogging. it is likely that the new bridge is the culprit. i am sure your action is extremely low, it should be at 2 or 3/32'' at the 12th fret. the best way to do this is to take your neck out of the body and plane the neck heel, or sand it with a flat block. a plane is the best option.

so your saying you'd pass an assembled neck through a planer? wow, i'd like to see those wood chunks flying...
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
considering there is a picture with the neck off of the guitar, id suggest you go eat alot of cement and drink water, or since you typed that, go cut both of your hands off. and you are clearly an inexperienced snob, ever heard of a hand-plane? no.