Where is the center C on the fretboard?

I am learning to read and write music, and the books talks about the center C on the piano? Where would this be on a guitar fretboard?
pretty sure its the 3rd fret of the A string is your middle C
Blogging is Narrating your life to a world that doesn't care.
Quote by FlashFingers
pretty sure its the 3rd fret of the A string is your middle C

In notation yes, but guitar sounds an octave below written.
The hip cat says; "Mhm, okay, I can groove wit' this"
In terms of written music, the middle C is half way between the bass and treble clef.

This is akin to the 3rd fret of of your A string. However all guitar is played an octave lower than written, so in reality it's another octave higher than that.

I think.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Correcto.

The notated middle C for guitar is the root of your standard open C chord. The note of the middle C for the piano or any other non-transposed instrument is an octave up.
Use the fuc*ing searchbar please. I'm sick of these threads. It's been covered a million times.

Guitar is an octave below concert pitch. If you're reading guitar music, it's 3rd fret A string. If you're reading piano music, it's 1st fret B string.

/thread.

props for learning how to read music btw. that's the first thing I did when I picked up gutiar (my black squier strat, haha)
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I thought this was one of the less common questions? ;/, calm down man .. every thread in Music Theory has been made 100000 times before
Recommended threads
haha PEEPS!
sasquatch ass
Last post:
by itsxsteves