Page 1 of 2
So they did this thing on the battle of Thermopylae and **** and the movie 300 was waaay off. According to historians there were 7000 Greeks helping the Spartans. I guess 1000 of them were in that pass that Xerxes flanked them with but the left to go home when they thought they were getting attacked there. Then Everyone left except the 300 Spartans AND 1000 Greeks. Damn movies always get it wrong. And here I thought they did it alone.
Last edited by Toker420 at Nov 30, 2008,

inb4 shitstorm.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
no

/thread

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
You do know that 300 is a movie based on a comic book, and comic books are not often exact literal interpretations of historical events.
Yeah I know, because the rest of the movie was 100% historically accurate.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The Battle of Athens? You mean the Peleponissian (sp?) war?

\/ nevermind then.
Last edited by aaciseric at Nov 30, 2008,
The movie 300 was based on the Battle of Thermopayle, not the Battle of Athens.

Unless this was a different battle, same war.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I know, because the rest of the movie was 100% historically accurate.

Well obviously it couldn't be, but to stretch the truth that far?
I was devastated when i found out Leonardo DiCaprio wasn't really on the Titanic.
Jackson DK2M
Epi Les Paul Goth
Krank Rev 1+
Marshall 1960A Cab
Quote by Toker420

Fiction can be stretched as far as the author/director wants.
Quote by Imperial
The movie 300 was based on the Battle of Thermopayle, not the Battle of Athens.

Unless this was a different battle, same war.

Yeah my bad, let me fix that.
You Mean I Cant Trust Movies Or Graphic Novels For Historical Accuracy Of Events That Happened 2300 Years Ago!!! Fuckerooni!!!

edit: but all those beasts and shit that was there in the movie, that was definitely real. and things actually looked that comicy back then (little known fact)
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by Toker420
So they did this thing on the battle of Thermopylae and **** and the movie 300 was waaay off. According to historians there were 7000 Greeks helping the Spartans. I guess 1000 of them were in that pass that Xerxes flanked them with but the left to go home when they thought they were getting attacked there. Then Everyone left except the 300 Spartans AND 1000 Greeks. Damn movies always get it wrong. And here I thought they did it alone.
You do realise that the 300 movie's not a documentary right? And afaik it doesn't say anywhere that it's based on true event?

*OMFG I just watched Timecop, but according to physics timetravel's impossible!!*
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by Toker420

It wasn't supposed to be historically accurate.

Quote by steee21
Ahh well. At least 10,000 BC was 100% historically accurate.

And 2001: A space oddysey
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Why do people accuse movies of being unrealistic? It wouldn't be a very interesting movie if it was.
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
Quote by spiderjerusalem
You Mean I Cant Trust Movies Or Graphic Novels For Historical Accuracy Of Events That Happened 2300 Years Ago!!! Fuckerooni!!!

edit: but all those beasts and shit that was there in the movie, that was definitely real. and things actually looked that comicy back then (little known fact)

"****eronni"
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
Quote by sebbsmith
Why do people accuse movies of being unrealistic? It wouldn't be a very interesting movie if it was.

Actually the Documentary on the battle was way more entertaining than the movie. There was a lot less half naked men.
No shit dumbass, if you knew anything about history, you'd know that.

You were probably surprised that the Persians didn't have mutants, giant rhino cavalry, and zombies with metal facemasks.
Quote by AzureNight
No shit dumbass, if you knew anything about history, you'd know that.

You were probably surprised that the Persians didn't have mutants, giant rhino cavalry, and zombies with metal facemasks.

It wouldve been awesome if they did though.
Quote by sebbsmith

Uh, yeah it would be, imbecile. Yeah a historical movie just has to have mutants and giant rhinos to be interesting. As if a massive battle with overmatched Greeks putting a whooping on a massive army of Persians and fighting to the death isn't interesting, it needs shit like giant rhinos, mutants, and hunchback freaks and an androgynous Persian king with an ensemble of lesbians.

It's thanks to idiots like you that Hollywood keeps producing one pile of shit after another, yet still makes millions and continues to make said piles of shit.
Movies are never really precise, that's why people should actually read more instead of relying on films and television.

That will never happen...I hate TV these days, I stick with my cartoons.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
"Tonight we dine in Hell"
"But sir we are polytheistic, we believe in the underworld and Hades"
"Oh, yeah Christianity hasn't been invented yet."
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Dude 3 posts above needs to chill.

Who cares if 300 was historically accurate, it was entertaining as hell. I don't go to the movies to learn.
Last edited by adtthosa at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by dubstar92
"Tonight we dine in Hell"
"But sir we are polytheistic, we believe in the underworld and Hades"
"Oh, yeah Christianity hasn't been invented yet."

I am laughing so much right now
Quote by adtthosa
Dude above needs to chill.

Who cares if 300 was historically accurate, it was entertaining as hell. I don't go to the movies to learn.

Do you mean me.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by adtthosa
Dude 2 posts above needs to chill.

That's exactly why America is the way it is. Thank you for helping the pigs take over the farm pal.
Great. Another Down syndrome candidate discovers hot water. I'll bet the producers secretly knew that their movie had historical inaccuracies. And they would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for threadstarter's keen observational skills.
Quote by dubstar92
Do you mean me.

No, don't worry haha, I edited. Didn't expect there to be two new posts there when I posted my reply.
I would have watched but i was attending a lecture about carpet samples
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Toker420
That's exactly why America is the way it is. Thank you for helping the pigs take over the farm pal.

America is the way it is because movies aren't historically accurate?
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by adtthosa
No, don't worry haha, I edited. Didn't expect there to be two new posts there when I posted my reply.

Ok,

Quote by lemon
America is the way it is because movies aren't historically accurate?

only reason I can think of
grok it.

SKREAM!

lololol. did you think the oracle looked liked that? and that xerses was infact a circ de solie reject? who alsp happens to be 8 feet tall? now im not saying i was there, but enough evidence suggests that its not like that...at all. also the writers/directers never intended the movie to depict history. they themselves said it was part fiction. i jsut did a paper on this...
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by Toker420

So what are you trying to say, America is stupid because they watch movies for entertainment purposes?

I'm Canadian by the way, and I'm majoring in history at university. I watched 300 to see some senseless violence and it delivered. Awesome movie.
Page 1 of 2