I have had this great 30W Vox (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959) for around a year now. Just now, even when it is clean and the gain is lowered, it sounds muddy and distorted. I have no idea what this means and it is unlikely I still have coverage from guitar center where I bought it. I have checked everything. It is set to "Boutique Clean" and the gain is almost off (usually i can turn it almost half way up on that setting without hearing fuzz, if you turn the gain all the way off there is no sound, which is normal for this amp). Any ideas what this is and how I can fix it? And no its not something dumb like i have it plugged into a fuzz pedal.
what pickups are you using?
From my experience with mine, high output pickups seem to distort the clean channels.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Nov 30, 2008,
The tube might need replacing, it's unlikely, but it's a cheap fix and certainly worth a shot.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
after playing around a bit and plugging into my bass amp to see if was just the guitar, I have come to the conclusion that it must be something like the pick ups as JMcG92 said. i am using double emg81s. thanks for all your help guys looks like a trip to guitar center this weekend.