I got my first rock show comin up and i just wanna know what i can do on stage like jumping around and shaking my head stage dive etcetc
I'm a proud owner of
Gibson SG Standard Heritage Cherry
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Buzz Saw sig w/ EMG 81/85
Squire crap
Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass
ESP/LTD TA-600 Tom Araya sig bass
Vox AD30VT
Fender Bassman 100
Line6 POD X3
Boss ME-50
Stage dive only after you've jumped around and shaked your head.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
standing on the bass drum is always a good one. throw thine insturment over thine for maximum badassituted.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Play well?(lego)
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
idk what kind of rock you are and how big/crazy the venue is, but if youre metal and the venue is intense, then wait til some dude gets on your stage and full on tackle him off into the crowd. The reason i suggest this is because me and my band saw a bassist do it on youitube and they forced me to do it too, lol.
do whatever u feel, if ur getting pumped, show it, if u feel to just stand and tap ur foot, do, whatever the spirit prompts you too
Try adding more delay.
don't force anything, do whatever feels right at the given moment. if you go up there and force yourself to do something the crowd will pick up on it in seconds because you won't look natural
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Fall in love.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic

only while you're wearing your bass.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Why thank you for that Chris.

*hears a noise*

Wait a minute....

I didn't mean you, Chris!

Well if it isnt the Bass Forum's Special Little Guy...
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
do the robert trujillo walk lol
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
We should try and avoid this...

In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Why thank you for that Chris.

*hears a noise*

Wait a minute....

I didn't mean you, Chris!

O hey, its the Bass Forum's Special Little Guy!
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Walk/skip/jump about on stage.
Play with your bass behind your head.
Crab-walk a la Rob Trujillo
Swing your bass around your body/in a vertical plane
Play with your fretting hand the other way around
Headband like a beast.

What's the genre of music and what kind of tempo are your songs? Because certain things tend not to work with slow numbers.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Just do what feels natural... It doesn't usually feel natural for me to go totally nuts on stage, so i usually just stand there and tap my foot a bit, but our shows usually suck because our guitarist does a wank job of organising it and nobody shows up!

If there's a good crowd and theyr'e enjoying it, show them you're enjoying it too!
pretty much what everybody said. do what feels natural.
if your in hardcore rock than get more intense. if its light than chill off a little and do more fluid movements if your like that.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Hmmm... I agree with (almost) everyone above. But here's something to keep in mind, if your standing (as in, not walking at all), don't put your feet together! Keep a wide stance, it gives a good effect when head-banging and helps get you in the groove of the music. ...And it helps keep you from looking gay. Honestly, I've seen whole crowds of people think the bassist was gay because he stood there with his back straight and his feet together like a needle.

I know almost all that has been stated before, just thought it should be given again stronger.

And yea, eat a sandwich :P can't rock on an empty stomach! (DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT! I'M JOKING)
bring one of those drink hats with you and sip away while you play
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Pull a flea and just go efing nuts
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by K.I.A.
High dollar strap, strap lock. Use them, love them, rock hard.

$7 nylon strap with electrical tape "strap locks," for the win.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
What about playing your bass? :P

EDIT: oops someone said it already. Why not headbang? Swing your head in a circle if you have long hair?

And by all means stage dive. If you have insurance.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
Last edited by FenrirXE at Dec 1, 2008,
Honestly, the first song i preformed was Crushcrushcrush by paramore, and like it's kind of fluid so i strolled, then we did before i forget by slipknot, i went crazy, you just get in a zone do what ever is comfotbale be it strolling, jump headbang, devil horns when you play open note, whatever, depends upon you and your form of music
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
Wow...this thread went places I never ever anticipated....

Be yourself and have fun. Its what's most important.
Spin around with your bass on a vertical plane, jump off amplifiers, tackle the lead singer during a guitar solo, do a split, dry-hump the rhythm guitarist, or just do what you'd normally do while wearing a banana suit.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
a good rock joint loves a hot bassist without a shirt on.

like Del!

but seriously, be yourself. do what you feel is right. if the moment seems ideal for a bout of wild aggressive headbanging, you better rock it in the pocket. if you feel kinda lazy, sit on top of an amp and play loud. if you want some attention, you can always dance, preferably in time to the music. just remember how long your cord is.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Thomme
$7 nylon strap with electrical tape "strap locks," for the win.

Shush! How do you expect people to sell all those expensive straps if you just shout out to everyone that the $7 nylon ones hold up just as well? We need to support the system! It's for the greater good.

Gosh, next your going to point out that a nylon strap is more customizable, because you don't feel guilty doing anything risky.

In all seriousness though, I've never heard of the electric tape, I'm going to have to try that out some time. But then again, if it works... why did you lose your guitar? Or did you make the mistake of not reinforcing the plastic hardware on your $7 strap?
Last edited by K.I.A. at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by K.I.A.
Shush! How do you expect people to sell all those expensive straps if you just shout out to everyone that the $7 nylon ones hold up just as well? We need to support the system! It's for the greater good.

Gosh, next your going to point out that a nylon strap is more customizable, because you don't feel guilty doing anything risky.

In all seriousness though, I've never heard of the electric tape, I'm going to have to try that out some time. But then again, if it works... why did you lose your guitar? Or did you make the mistake of not reinforcing the plastic hardware on your $7 strap?

the part that wraps around the strap peg ripped and the guitar went flying. I'm kind'a wierd. I've got $30-40 straps with straplocks on my basses, but my guitars all get the $5-15 strap treatment. In the case of my epiphone strat, I at one point even duct taped the strap to the guitar because the strap pegs kept coming out. Once I fixed that, I used electrical tape on the end of the strap to get the peg from slipping out of the hole. My ibanez and Paul doesn't really need anything, plus they're too nice to get that kind of treatment.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.