Ok so one day I unplugged my laptop and the battery was dying so I plugged it back in. After I unplugged it again the computer dyed. It only works when it's plugged in.

How do I make my laptop back to ware it runs on the battery after I unplug it? The battery should be charged but the laptop dyes when I unplugged it from the wall adapter thingy.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
your battery is probably dead and won't take a charge. If you call the support line, they will probably replace yours or sell you a new one.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Are you sure that it says its charging? I konw its a stupid question but theres been many times where ive seen it plugged in and that the laptop isnt charging...you gotta tweak the wire a bit.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Just be carefull around that battery..

-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
Just be carefull around that battery..

O rly?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
I know it's a bit late now, but Ill offer advice for future reference anyway.

Never leave the battery inside your laptop when it's fully charged. Once it's full, remove it and only put it in when you're going mobile. This will greatly extend the overall lifespan of your battery and reduce the chances of getting the same problem TS has experienced here.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
^ugghh those fingers are sick - they cant be real tho

if it works with the battery removed and on the PSU, but won't run on battery alone then replace the battery

if it does not work with the battery removed and on the PSU, then it's probably the motherboard, in which case it's probably not worth repairing unless it's under warranty

Depending on manufacturer, you may have a power troubleshooting section in the manual. This may tell you how to use a multimeter to test the battery to be certain

Ahhh, thouse fingers have imprnited themslves into my brain, mine are itching now + I bet I have nightmares...
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by cuthbertg
^ugghh those fingers are sick - they cant be real tho

Ahhh, thouse fingers have imprnited themslves into my brain, mine are itching now + I bet I have nightmares...

That was my first response when I saw that pic like 3 or 4 years ago lol
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by MetalheadforJC
That was my first response when I saw that pic like 3 or 4 years ago lol

Awww christ, that's it, I'm logging off and killing my mind with beer

That has really done my head in
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by -February-Star-

Never leave the battery inside your laptop when it's fully charged. Once it's full, remove it and only put it in when you're going mobile. This will greatly extend the overall lifespan of your battery and reduce the chances of getting the same problem TS has experienced here.

Why? Once the battery is charged, your laptop runs on AC power and doesn't touch the battery until you unplug the charger.

How old is your battery? The problem with Li-ion laptop batteries is that they degrade very quickly even when you don't use them. My battery has gone from 44400mWh to 28882mWh in 1 1/2 years and I've hardly ever used the laptop without the charger.
Quote by acersucks
Why? Once the battery is charged, your laptop runs on AC power and doesn't touch the battery until you unplug the charger.

How old is your battery? The problem with Li-ion laptop batteries is that they degrade very quickly even when you don't use them. My battery has gone from 44400mWh to 28882mWh in 1 1/2 years and I've hardly ever used the laptop without the charger.

I dont know how old it is but I got the laptop for christmas last year. My dad use to use the same modle and they had a recall on the batterys.
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by MetalheadforJC
I dont know how old it is but I got the laptop for christmas last year. My dad use to use the same modle and they had a recall on the batterys.

if yours is affected by the recall im thinking of, then you should remove it from your laptop IMMEDIATLEY and put it somewhere like the garage, because they are potentially explosive

go to the laptop manufacturers website and look up battery recall. they will have instructions on how to confirm if you have an exploding battery or not.

If it was purchased after a certain date, you wont be affected

Check it now.
Hehe... no more posts would suggest an explosive battery. Everyone check the headlines for "Man killed by exploding laptop"
Screw Ignorance... Indifference is bliss.
Yea lipo batteries which laptops use are highly explosive if shorted or overcharged. Look up the recall notes online and contact the manufacturer. They will send a new battery out.

The laptop will always say the battery is charging if it's plugged in because it's always trying to charge the battery even though it can't hold a charge. The laptop doesn't know the battery is broken.

Cool finger pic LOL
Quote by farquarl
Hehe... no more posts would suggest an explosive battery. Everyone check the headlines for "Man killed by exploding laptop"

cuthberts house: *click to submit post*

TS' house *bang*
Quote by acersucks

Once the battery is charged, it can't hold that charge forever. After a short while, some charge will be lost and the laptop will charge the battery back up again. Through this continually happening, the shelf-life of the battery greatly decreases because you're 'wearing out' the lithium ions inside the battery. It's best to charge it, take it out and keep it in a drawer until its needed. Most laptop manuals offer this advice.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-

That's actually a myth. Every battery has a certain life span. Once it is fully charged, it doesn't matter if you leave it on the laptop or off, the batter will begin to wear at the same rate.