rhythm guitar is a guitar that keeps the rhythm... i'm sure with a little brain power you coulda figured that out. Any song you listen to when you hear a solo, there's a guitar underneath it playing a rhythm, thats the rhythm guitarist..
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
rhythm guitar is guitar that holds the rhythm and keeps playing the base of the song underneath the lead parts. coheed and cambria uses a lot of rhythm guitar. just listen to some songs of theres. the solos and verses in most songs are examples of it
so like with rock you like a hurricane the intro where the lead gets that little solo the rhythm guitarist is playing the main riff
Quote by lord sephy
give me examples of song you can hearit

Pretty much any song with a rhythm....
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
Quote by lord sephy
so like with rock you like a hurricane the intro where the lead gets that little solo the rhythm guitarist is playing the main riff

yup, keepin the rhythm goin
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by cjpiquette
Hahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Uncool man

It's the guitar behind the lead. It's ussaully following the bass or vice versa. If you listen to hardcore or even punk it's behind those lead riffs. Band that have it prominently are thrice, Thursday, saosin, even some sum 41. Some heavier bands would be all that remains, august burns red, as I lay dying. Those are just examples there are hundreds of bands out there that use the rythem guitar.