So while seeing that the Lord of the Rings trilogy was on TNT again, i was trying to decide which one was my fav and least fav, wat r u guys' opinions?
They can't be divorced from one another. It's all one movie.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Best-Two Towers
Worst-Fellowship of the Ring.

Fixed.

Mainly cause TT has more of my favorite character, Saruman
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I love them all equally. Great films.

EDIT:

What you guys aren't getting is that your opinions changed when you saw the ones that came out later.

Fellowship: Great storyline introduction, great action. Unprecedented production.

Two Towers: Even BETTER action. Perfect production. Come on, the battle at Helm's Deep was amazing.

Return: Action-tastic, beautiful shots and production.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Last edited by SonataFanica at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by Archeo Avis

Oh yeah!? That's what you said about your parents as well!

I am so sorry if they are actually divorced.
I didn't watch any of them until the final one was out, and then I watched all three, extended edition, in one night with my band lol. I was the only one that stayed awake and got through all three. Needless to say, I'm content with never, ever, seeing any of them again haha. I couldn't tell you which one was my favorite because looking back, I can't even distinguish which scenes are from which movie. Just one long blur of swords, CGI, chicken wings, and coffee.

I watched the Gundam Wing series (22 hours) in one night also. I didn't make it through that, though. Missed the last episode.
We're only strays.
It depends what aspect we're talking about. Used to think TTT sucked, but I was so wrong. Andy Serkis is a genius. Note how those films seem to have really started a trend for filming loads of fantasy type films in NZ as well. FOTR for the hobbits and the Fellowship, TTT for Gollum and Faramir, ROTK for just general awesomeness. Why the hell did Frodo need to fall over THAT often though? And Extended Editions are so much better than normal ones.
Musically ignorant. Seeking education.

Am female. Finally have bass!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
Quote by Archeo Avis

+1

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Best-Return Of The King
Worst-Two Towers.

You, my good sir, are one of the few people I've ever agreed with!
Gear
Guitars
PRS CE22
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
B.C.Rich Warlock Bronze series (raffle prize)
Pedals
Crybaby from Hell
Blackstar HT-Dual
Line 6 DL-4

Amp
Cornford Roadhouse 30
Quote by LastToKnow
Why the hell did Frodo need to fall over THAT often though?

l2read.

In the book, he's almost always on the ground, crawling most of the way. It's said that the Ring weighs about 160 pounds by the time they get to Mordor.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Im i the only one who feels that the Helms Deep scene is overrated compared to other badass battles in those movies?
I have read the books, but it seems that Elijah Wood was getting so much more practice at the dramatic falling over thing than need be. Never mind, it doesn't detract from it, but crawling, and falling over all the time, are, I believe seperate things. SOO glad they put the scene where Frodo and Sam get picked up by the Orcs in the extended edition.

Does that count as a spoiler?

*Points to post about Helms Deep* As a battle scene, it's pretty damn cool, but, although it might not be the biggest or anything, I think the atmosphere of the whole thing is just amazing. The way the stunt guy's improvisation got in and made the whole thing that bit more chilling. Superb!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
My favorite battle scene has to be either the mines or ending of fellowship personally, u cant beat boromir's epic death
oh return of the king was the best but they were all amazing.

it would have been better if they had ended return of the king right though
Quote by SchecterGOW123
Im i the only one who feels that the Helms Deep scene is overrated compared to other badass battles in those movies?

Yes you are.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
I love them all (and I too have been watching them all day today ) but I would say Return Of The King is my favorite followed by The Two Towers and then Fellowship Of The Ring.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Best fight scene was in two towers IMO.
I can't even remember the first one,
and the third was epic in its own right.
Off topic slightly, but I found that in the book I was more interested in reading about Frodo and Sam than Legolas, Aragorn (spl?) and Gimli, but in the movie I was bored as hell watching them two for the most part, and enjoyed the other stuff.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Ah yes, makes me very sad. Sean Bean is great. And the Mines are cool because they've just cut the whole thing back, it's JUST about the fighting, not with music or anything, jsut as it is.

Now I'm thinking about it, I don't think there's a fight scene I don't like. The Ents in Isengard, that's pretty fun. Although not really a fight scene I guess.

Muse = genius.
And the Mines are cool because they've just cut the whole thing back, it's JUST about the fighting, not with music or anything, jsut as it is.

I hated it for just that reason. Though, I watched the movies for the music.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
See, this is where I'm no good at discussing LOTR, because there is actually not an element I don't like. Well, that's not entirely true, but I won't start on all that! The music is pretty well awesome. Thank god we got some relief from John Williams. Howard Shore is great.

Now I'm very nearly gushing.

Muse = genius.
As my favorite movies, seeing them at least 20 times EACH (when i was 12 i was addicted to those movies, but i dont deny that i'm a LOTR nerd!) and reading the books, i say they each have there charm. Everyone of them has somthing better in it than the other 2.

I love FOTR cause its and awesome action/adventure movie that starts an epic tale.
I love TT cause it brings the whole story of war to your eyes with the different countrys and fisrt big battle scene.
For ROTK, i loved it the most and also hated it the most, which puts it at par with the other movies. I loved it cause it has the definition of pure epicness for about 2-3 of the movie. But after the battle of the pelennor fields you know the end is near and that somewhat kills it and dosent make it as good.

This is why i find all the movies are equal.
Quote by Kensai
Rape... it's the only way a ginger will get laid.
IMO, Two Towers was the best, especially the Helm's Deep scene. I got really excited when I heard about the huge battle at Minas Tirith in Return of the King, but the whole ghost thing kinda ruined that battle for me.
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
the whole time i was expecting it to end in the fresh prince theme song

Quote by blackflag49
"You're only as fresh as your game", said the Lord - Corinthians 22:12
Best to worst: ROTK-FOTR-TT

Not that they aren't all amazing, plus that's just how any trilogy goes.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

I made fun of "Lord of the Rings" so hard, it made some supergeek puke all over the counter.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Quote by CFH82
I love them all (and I too have been watching them all day today ) but I would say Return Of The King is my favorite followed by The Two Towers and then Fellowship Of The Ring.

The series justs kept getting better for you huh?
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
Quote by snipelfritz
Best to worst: ROTK-FOTR-TT

Not that they aren't all amazing, plus that's just how any trilogy goes.

^
This

Also I was amazed at how well they had made the locations look so much like middle earth, plus Howard Shore's score was spot on. TT got boring when those ents were in it, but the helm's deep battle made up for that
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

If you are looking for a clever and witty signature, you have come to the wrong place.
Quote by spinalshred
*insert scene from clerks 2 here*

Quote by Gsaws
*Randall Graves*
I made fun of "Lord of the Rings" so hard, it made some supergeek puke all over the counter.

There it is.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Nov 30, 2008,
TT>FOTR>ROTK

Two towers has that sense of things still being in the balance. The crummy stuff with the ghosts makes pelennor fields no way near as good as helm's deep. And the ending with the ents and nature symbolically destroying industry and evil is just breathtaking.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!