k, so I got a quick query on kitting out a basic set up.

5 String Yamaha Active RBX 7?? (sry )

Laney 2x10 300 watt Combo

basically I want to add a cab for bottom end

was wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Peavey 118, as this is what I'm looking at ideally.

http://www.fretmusic.co.uk/peavey-pv-118-sub-pv-series-vented-bass-sub-118-cabinet-pr-16959.html

I realise that an 18'' is gonna struggle to move air like a 10''

PLEASE KNOW THAT I HAVE CHECKED THE OHMS AND MY COMBO IS INDEED DESIGNED TO TAKE AN EXTENSION
Seems like it'd be fine, though you'd probably do just fine with a 15" too.
Nope, no sig here.
That 18 is pretty much perfect for your application and pretty much useless for any other. 200W power handling is EXACTLY what you need. In bigger amps, that's just not enough power, unless it's a tube amp.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Then that's exactly what you need if you're looking for an 18" extension cab. Whether it's worth lugging around is up to you. Although 300W and the 18 with 2 10's should be perfect for pub gigs and jamming.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I don't see what you'd achive with that (other than straining your back) that you couldn't with a 115. Peavey 118 cabs are famously heavy.
Baloney, baloney. Only a 118 sounds like a 118. The difference in weight in negligable. I'd say the other way around - in a 2 cab system, there's nothing a 115 can do that a 118 can't do better. I wish I had a 118.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
i agree with thefitz! a single 18" should perform well coupled with 2x10's.
Peavey make very nice cabs, and heavy is good when it comes to bass.
One point here is that this is a PA cab that you're looking at not a specific Bass Guitar cab, on the top you will notice a top hat for inserting a pole.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Well, actually, now that I look at it, the 118 tops out at 180Hz - it's a straight subwoofer. It's completely useless on it's own. Personally, that's a bit low for my taste, but in the context of the 210, it'll pretty much take over where the 10's stop.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
good point, i didn't even click the link. Get an actual bass cab... Cheap PA speakers are a bit of a nono, especially for a bass rig.