Hey I'm probably going to get a new guitar for Christmas, but I,m really having trouble trying to find a guitar thats right for me. I made a list of guitars that i like the sound of , but I don't know if its worth spending almost much twice the cost of the Washburn (Which I hear is good value in the UK) for most of these guitars. So what are your opinions of these guitars? Also recommend any guitars that come to your mind that have - Mahogany body, 24 frets, good high fret access and no super thin necks and preferably have passive pickups. Thanks! my main focus is metal, although i would like a guitar to be versatile because I'm getting into blues lately.
Also those who have played the Washburn, where would you rate the quality between the rest of the guitars?

SCHECTER DIAMOND C-1 BLACKJACK ATX - £590
ESP LTD MH400 NT - £565
JACKSON DK2S - £540
IBANEZ S670FM-ATF - £500
IBANEZ S520EX - £500
WASHBURN X50PRO - £300
Last edited by Spudderz at Dec 1, 2008,
I would recommend any of those except the jackson..But thats just my opinion..I dont have anything against jackson.There great guitars..Just dont like DKs.
I dont think you will be disappointed with any of those choices
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
All of those guitars are really sweet choices.
I've got a Washburn X50 and the quality is fine. I've not played all the guitars on that list but I've played a few S series and RG series Ibbys and the Washburn defo stands up with them in terms of quality. Not only that it is kind of perfect for what u want, the neck is not too thin but not too fat either, pups are great, and u get some nice little touches like the grover tuners and the buzz feiten tuning system thrown in too...also the finish is beautiful.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
All of those guitars are really sweet choices.
I've got a Washburn X50 and the quality is fine. I've not played all the guitars on that list but I've played a few S series and RG series Ibbys and the Washburn defo stands up with them in terms of quality.

+1, except i don't own the x50pro, i've tried it in a shop though. i haven't played all the guitars on the list, but i've played the jackson and the schecter, and i'd personally probably prefer the washburn- and that's if the prices were equal. considering the washburn is about half the price of most of the guitars on that list...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Washburn builds a really good guitar, they tend to fly under the radar around the forums a good bit. My guitar teacher has a few washburns as backups for his SUHR's. Excellent value guitar!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio