I'm looking to get a Pod XT for Christmas however I have one query.

Is it possible to use guitar rig (the program) with it?

I have googled this but to no avail, if anybody knows if you can/cannot please let me know.

Thankyou.
Founder of the Sky Mangle fan club. PM to join.

Founder of the "I wish I had Bernards Watch" club. PM to join.
if you're gonna get guitar rig, then all you need is a recording interface, like an M-AUDIO, a toneport or one of those stealth cable guitar-USB adapters.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
well my brother has guitar rig, and i was going to get an audio interface but then i saw the pod xt and thought it could do both jobs for a decent price. i'd just like to know if you can use guitar rig and the pod xt together because if not, i'll probably just get the pod 2.0.

Quote by validlitterdept
well my brother has guitar rig, and i was going to get an audio interface but then i saw the pod xt and thought it could do both jobs for a decent price. i'd just like to know if you can use guitar rig and the pod xt together because if not, i'll probably just get the pod 2.0.

it would work i think, because i have my pod set as my computer's soundcard. i say get the xt and try and use it with guitar rig and if not it'll still work well on its own. then again, its kind of stupid having a modeling software AND a pod xt, which both do similar things except for the fact that you can use the pod w/o a computer. i say maybe a new amp would make a better christmas present? what amp do you have now?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
well i have a cube 20 as i had to sell my old amp. i know it's not recommended to use a modeling amp with a pod but i thought it might be a good way to get a few more effects whilst being an audio interface and something i can practice with headphones on and play through my pc speakers. a new amp would be a good idea, but i don't think i can justify it right now.

the thing is, if it can do guitar rig as well as being playable through my amp, it means for an extra £80 i have a whole load more functionality.