does anyone have a decent guide for fitting led lights on your fret board or anythingl ike that
---------------
My Gear:-
Stagg L Series L400-WH (First Guitar)
Epiphone SG G-400
Ibanez RG750
ESP LTD ec-1000 w/ EMGs
Boss- DD-6: Digital Delay
Boss- CH1: Super Chorus
Boss- MT2:- Metal Zone
Dunlop DB01 Dimebag Darrell Crybaby From Hell
its possible but very hard, you need to pretty much take your fretboard off or route a channel along the back of your neck for wires, although the truss rod will be in the way for that.
If you want to, you could route a channel down the middle of the fretboard and cover it up some how or route a channel down the side where the side dots are for the wires.

Its not an easy job
assuming the fretboard is rosewood or ebony, you'd have to take off the fretboard to do the work, not an easy task. it would be easiest to do if you're building a neck, and just install them during the build.
I don't know how its done but www.auroraproject.co.uk did mine and they don't remove the fingerboard or channel up the truss rod , You can try to ask them.
When I got my neck back I still don't know how they did it
two words:
Fiber-optics. takes much less space.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
this is a very difficult task, and almost useless, imo. Spend the time you'd spend building this and practice, then you'll amaze people with your skills, and not your cool little diodes on your guitar.

by the way, the searchbar has a guide to your problem,
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
if yr doing this just to add leds to a guitar, then dont. cus it's lame and stupid.

now if yr doing this and intend to do something actually clever and somewhat marginally unique i suggest you research arduino controlled leds so your lights will do something somewhat, but barely, interesting.
can i ask why a 3 month old thread was bumped? Your not supposed to answer questions from the last page