Poll: Should the UK stick with the pound, or change to the euro?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should the UK stick with the pound, or change to the euro?
Pound
222 63%
Euro
130 37%
Voters: 352.
Page 1 of 5
The UK is "closer than ever before" to joining the euro, according to the president of the European Commission, Jose Manuel Barroso.

Speaking on a French radio show, he said British politicians were considering the move because of the effects of the global credit crunch.

In the same interview, Mr Barroso also forecast that interest rates will drop in Europe.

However Downing Street said its position on the euro remained the same.

Mr Barroso acknowledged "the majority" of British people continued to oppose joining the eurozone.

But he said the recent economic uncertainty had made the currency a far more attractive option.

Full article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7757830.stm

What do you guys think? Stick with the pound, or change to the Euro?
Keep the pound.

Also i hated how he said that despite the majority disagree it was the "important people who were now considering it"

****ing EU
i said euro, but i'm just an ignorant american who knows nothing about the pros/cons of either.
Quote by Babbs
i said euro, but i'm just an ignorant american who knows nothing about the pros/cons of either.

This.
sup?
Keep the pound
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
I like having our own currency.
I'm sure theres quite a few benefits to joining the Euro.
I reckon I speak for the majority of the UK who don't have a clue about the pros/cons of changing currency.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Keep The Pound !!!!
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
You cunts better switch to euro soon. I don't want to have three different currencies in my wallet.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Babbs

+1 : me 2!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by Kensai
You cunts better switch to euro soon. I don't want to have three different currencies in my wallet.

Better than having no currency!

...damn student poverty!
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by Babbs

+1
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Countries like Germany regret taking the euro because they are subsidising poorer countries even more. Having said that we need to be more like 'ciao'! (e-baguette for reference)
the benefits don't weigh up to the cons, however I don't live in UK so get real mess up your country and stop giving me such a hard time by not crossing over to the Euro so that I have to change valuta everytime I go the UK.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Pound FTW.

It may be getting to a weak point right now, but once the financial world gets back on it's feet, it'll be as strong as ever, and we'll eventually get back to the $2 to the £ which I so dearly miss!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Keep the pound. Euro just destroyed the economy in some countries, where it was already weak (portugal for example)
Keep the pound!
One currency makes everything easier to keep track of. Including people.
I know it sounds asinine, but it's the only thing stopping the NWA, pardon, NWO from controlling everything.

I think that it would be frightening if some fools from Compton ruled the world.
It would be a darker place, I'll tell you that much...
did you know its illegal to deface a UK coin/note? like bending the coin in a vice (i tried this once)
Quote by Mezzo4te
Countries like Germany regret taking the euro because they are subsidising poorer countries even more. Having said that we need to be more like 'ciao'! (e-baguette for reference)

That's exactly what I'm talking about.
Just wait and see.

But then again, you British folk say "maths", so you might as well take one in the stink.
Jk.
Maths...haha.
Quote by huevos
That's exactly what I'm talking about.
Just wait and see.

But then again, you British folk say "maths", so you might as well take one in the stink.
Jk.
Maths...haha.

You speak the English language..therefore you bastardiZed it with things like that. Mathematic doesnt make sense.
Wouldn't be a bad idea for us either, since the dollar is going to be our new toilet paper soon.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Pound, look what the Euro did to Spain?

In the long term the Euro wont do us any good.
keep the pound its worth more than the euro anyway
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
No doubt it's gonna cost the country money to change currencies.
And with the current financial state of the country, I think it'd be much easier and cheaper to stick with the pound.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Kensai

Consider me told

I really want the euro. I hate transferring money when I visit my dad.

Plus when I look at my bank balance I'd be happy to see a bigger number
Quote by Kensai

Keep Kensai out of Britain, keep the pound! The Toriez iz rite on diz 1.

QUOTE=Mezzo4te]did you know its illegal to deface a UK coin/note? like bending the coin in a vice (i tried this once)

Of course it's illegal, think about it. Change behind the sofa doesn't help anyone..
Quote by Kensai

This +500 pounds.
It's just very hypocrit being one of the leading EU countries, but still being too nationalistic form a real "union" with a union currency.
Quote by Mezzo4te
did you know its illegal to deface a UK coin/note? like bending the coin in a vice (i tried this once)

It's illegal in most countries. You own the value of the currency, not the physical manifestation of the currency itself - that belongs to the state/central bank.

On topic, cross boarder currencies are often fraught with problems, however I don't know enough about the Euro to make a call here, although I doubt adopting the Euro would hurt much.
I thought it was illegal to deface images of the Queen?

Stick with the pound, **** the EU
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Euro. And while we're at it, we'll ram the metric system and driving on the right hand side of the road down your throat as well.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Bendybaws
Stick with the pound, **** the EU

The typical response of an ignorant xenophobe.
Don't like the EU? Good luck working your economy and foreign policies on your own...
Quote by ZeGuitarist
This +500 pounds.
It's just very hypocrit being one of the leading EU countries, but still being too nationalistic form a real "union" with a union currency.

Jog on mush!

We havent been part of europe since the last ice age, and we're in no hurry to come back - we don't miss your continental sausages.

Some of us still remember the war you know, keep the pound, that's what I say. My Grandad didn't spend 8 years in Burma so that my generation would just p*ss it all away. Damn it, we owned 7\10ths of the globe at one point!

Not only that, if we had the euro, where would all the polish immigrants go?

I for one have had enough of EU regulations as have many others, personally I don't think I'll see a UK euro in my lifetime
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by cuthbertg
Some of us still remember the war you know, keep the pound, that's what I say. My Grandad didn't spend 8 years in Burma so that my generation would just p*ss it all away. Damn it, we owned 7\10ths of the globe at one point!

Yeah, completely relevant.

Quit living in the past ffs.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly

I think if you check your sarc-o-meter you may notice that the needle is bending 9

Tetchy
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by Green_Jelly

This. The world isn't the same anymore. A couple of centuries ago, every country tried to be the biggest by claiming the most land. But today, countries work together as much as we can, because if we don't, we won't survive. Let's face it, if today was like the colonial ages, there would be 6 billion nationalists waging war on the entire planet...

We NEED to work together. We NEED to form unions. Why is the USA so much more "powerful" than Europe to this day? Because they don't suffer from nationalism. 50 states all working together as one... The European Union has 27 countries, but they all speak different languages, have different cultures, and are not willing to adapt to the rest of the EU because of their nationalism, that persisted since the colonial days.

Seriously, the UK adopting the euro can only be a step in the right direction.
Fuck the Euro, it looks like monopoly money!
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Page 1 of 5