Which sounds better on clean or overdrive? Which is more versatile? Which is more reliable? etc...

Any info you have on these two amp would be greatly appreciated.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
B-52 is definitely more reliable.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
i play hardcore/post-hardcore, metal, and occasionally like to dabble into pop-punk and good old classic rock.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
b52 is like a poor mans trip rec, right?

and the 6262 is like a poor mans 6505, right?

fairly different amps. personally i prefer the sound of the 6262, but yea

cant go wrong with either
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I've had my b52 for four months now and I've had no problems whatsoever.

Also, I've been able to get almost any rock tone imagineable. It sounds great with my guitar tuned to drop C and gain all the way up. It sounds great in standard E with or without an extra distortion pedal. Even jazz and funk sound good, although I haven't spent a lot of time dialing that in.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Quote by bulletrocks522
B-52 wins on both, especially overdrive. What style of music do you play???

Really?

Have you tried a Bugera? They sound MUCH better imo.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
Really?

Have you tried a Bugera? They sound MUCH better imo.

I tried both and I much preferred the 52.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I'm sure the bugera is a nice amp and chances are its just as reliable these days. One of the the reasons I chose the B52 was because it just sounded hotter. Also, the knobs felt stronger and more solid. I probably would have been just as happy with the bugera, but I love my B52
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
there pretty different sounding amps. the B-52 has that mesa recto sound goin. and the bugera has much tighter peavey like gain. i bought the bugera and had it home for one day, sold it. bought the B-52. the AT-100 cleans are beautiful .. not so much on the bugera IMO

check em both out though.
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
Quote by intoodeep4182
there pretty different sounding amps. the B-52 has that mesa recto sound goin. and the bugera has much tighter peavey like gain. i bought the bugera and had it home for one day, sold it. bought the B-52. the AT-100 cleans are beautiful .. not so much on the bugera IMO

check em both out though.

The 333XL sounds more like a Recto as well.

The cleans are gorgeous as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MUWSiPRiM&feature=related
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

I've heard a couple of people say it's much better than the 6260, but its mostly based on taste. Some say it's better than the 5150/6505, some say it's very comparable.

The 333XL is tighter and more saturated, 6260 is more raw and loose. 333XL is much more versatile as well.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

the biggest gripe i had about the 6260 was the shared EQ for the 2 channels.
it killed me.
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
Yeah, each channel has it's own EQ on the 333XL. Clean, Crunch and Lead, all footswitchable.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

I Assume your in the market for a 333XL.
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
It's the main amp I'm looking at right now. The only other notable that's crossed my lap has been a 5150 combo, but some comments from long time users and the lack of versatility has shoved me away from it.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

ya , i tried out a 5150 combo myself when i was in the market for an amp. definitely not the most versatile amp out there.

totally gangbanged this thread.
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
Gangbangs are always fun

I just get that sense that the 5150 isn't all it's hyped up to be, even for it's metal tone.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

To the TS:

Whenever you get a chance to play both and you decide on the Bugera, you might want to look around for some used 5150/6505's...The Bugera is modeled after those so if you can find the real thing for the same price or maybe just a little more, no reason to buy the copy.
definitely got that feeling when i plugged into the 5150. i just had this amazing tone in my head and when i actually played through one i was definitely a little disappointed.
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
Quote by mike.h
Gangbangs are always fun

I just get that sense that the 5150 isn't all it's hyped up to be, even for it's metal tone.

I hated the combos but my 6505+ head is like an extension of me now, I love it. The combos have terrible stock speakers IMO. I'm just glad the combo didn't sway me away from the head b/c I was in the market for a head anyways. I used to think rectos were the way to go for anything hard rock or metal, but I actually like my 6505 better, hell of a lot cheaper too.
Quote by zhunt1130
I hated the combos but my 6505+ head is like an extension of me now, I love it. The combos have terrible stock speakers IMO. I'm just glad the combo didn't sway me away from the head b/c I was in the market for a head anyways. I used to think rectos were the way to go for anything hard rock or metal, but I actually like my 6505 better, hell of a lot cheaper too.

the speaker could be the culprit, never tried the head version. but i also never really got a chance to turn the combo up very loud either..
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
Quote by intoodeep4182
the speaker could be the culprit, never tried the head version. but i also never really got a chance to turn the combo up very loud either..

Probably has to do with both then...if you didn't get it to at least 1 on the post gain, you didn't get a good feel for it.