ok i have figured out this is what is wrong with my fender but i can't lossen the screws they are to rusted and its not terrible just playing like 7th fret on the 3 string and the 7th fret on the 4th string the 3rd string just rings a little high when in tune so i guess it needs moved forward? any tips on tackling rust?
Wd-40?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
how old is the string? replace it first then check the intonation because the older the strings are the more the intonation can be off.

if its still off[intonation], the take the string off, try to take it off VERY slowly, if you use WD 40, put it on a q tip and rub the screw, or take off the bridge and spray it down, and when your own clean it thoroughly.

try not to strip the bolt, after your done and the screw moves freely, intonate it.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

ya i was wondering about wd40 not as i didn't know it works on rust that if i wanted to use it on a old guitar thats worth more then both my cars...well i bought them cheap there worth more...but any way no it happens on any set of strings the just ring a little bit after struck....so im taking it is a little higher then it should be...but the strings are old so i will wait till i get a new set to do it just seeing what needs to be done now...i can get a set tmrw and take the bridge off that sounds major i don't know if there is a certain way to set it or torque it or if its as simple as taking the strings off and un screwing it but i doubt it because it has springs....
if the guitars that important then just buy a new bridge?

btw the intonation would be lower if the strings are older

it has nothing to do with the springs
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

ohh the springs are not hooked to the bridge cool...there for resonance right? and also will a new bridge deplete value any?
Quote by xphrygianx
ohh the springs are not hooked to the bridge cool...there for resonance right? and also will a new bridge deplete value any?

what do you mean resonance?

yeah itll deplete the value
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

i thought the springs in the back were for resonance like reso tubes on old ampeg guitars they were metal tubes you ran the strings over when you strung it so it would have a little sustain......isn't resonance and sustain the same thing???
no the springs are to keep the saddles in the bridge from moving. resonance and sustain are different, but are pretty close to meaning the same thing.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.