Why do they break so easily.
I got my iPod in March and have just somehow broke my 4th pair of earphones, which I've had for about 2 months. During my time of owning an mp3 player/ipods I must have had at leas 13 billion pairs of earphones.

And they all break,

ALL OF THEM.

But why?

Does this happen to anyone else?

Or am I cursed?

Is there a correct way to store your earphones when you're not using them? I usually wrap them around my ipod.

Plus my amp's just broke so I'm sat in my room at uni listening to Pink Floyd in MONO! Which sucks. One earphone still works if I hold it in a certain position but if I tried walking with them in it would just **** up.

Are there any decent earphones that don't break and don't cost a ridiculous amount.?
You aren't really saying HOW they are breaking...What happens? Do they snap or just not work? Skull Candy makes good stuff.
Marketing techniques.

I shot my earphones with a 22 at around 100yds. They didnt think i could do it. i did
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Mine ALWAYS break cause I play rugby, football, and just be an absolute idiot when I wear them, hence why they break.
Quote by adyhendrixc
Why do they break so easily?
I got my iPod in March and have just somehow broke my 4th pair of earphones, which I've had for about 2 months. During my time of owning an mp3 player/iPods I must have had at least 13 billion pairs of earphones.

And they all break.

ALL OF THEM.

But why?

Does this happen to anyone else?

Am
I cursed?

Is there a correct way to store your earphones when you're not using them? I usually wrap them around my iPod.

Plus my amp's just broke so I'm sitting in my room at uni listening to Pink Floyd in MONO! Which sucks. One earphone still works if I hold it in a certain position but if I try walking with them in it just fucks up.

Are there any decent earphones that don't break and don't cost a ridiculous amount.?

There you are.

Took me damn well long enough.

P.S.:
What is "uni"?
This happens to me a lot too.
I just buy those squishy earbuds that are like fifteen or twenty bucks.
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
don't buy the same type of headphone unless you want to be a poser with the white ipod headphones and the armband with a pink nano running down the street with your labradoodle pushing 2 small children in a 3 wheeled cart in a sports bra.

seriously, buy some real headphones
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
don't buy the same type of headphone unless you want to be a poser with the white ipod headphones and the armband with a pink nano running down the street with your labradoodle pushing 2 small children in a 3 wheeled cart in a sports bra.

seriously, buy some real headphones

I bet you conform to a stereotype cough.
Buy good earphones. Those ipod earphones suck. Get Bose, or get a case and they'll never break again.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
I hate earphones with a passion. Every pair of earbuds I've ever had, the right one has gone out. Just for no reason, and always the right one. The iPod ones, Creative ones, and every other brand I've had. The ones I found laying around are somewhat usable, but they eventually get hot and start burning my ears, the ****? I only use the big, monitor-type headphones, and every pair of those I've had broke, too. I'm out to buy more tonight, and I'm freakin' excited because, since I'm up at night, I can't play guitar without them. So I guess I'll go for Sony this time and hope they last longer than a few months.

Maybe I just rock too hard.
You're*
What the hell are you doing to your earphones, Man! I had one pair of original Ipod headphones that broke after at least a year, and then I got really nice sennheiser ones from guitar center that kick ass. but they were expensive
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Quote by NemX162
You aren't really saying HOW they are breaking...What happens? Do they snap or just not work? Skull Candy makes good stuff.

+1 My first pair of smokin buds were going on a year when they broke.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by StratoTele
There you are.

P.S.:
What is "uni"?

University mate

I'm on my 3rd pair of skull candy headphones...
They sound awesome but just break.
I've never snapped any, they just tend to stop working. Or they crackle for a while and then stop working.
Quote by StratoTele
There you are.

P.S.:
What is "uni"?

university

EDIT: dam it ..beaten
Last edited by geetar_man0 at Nov 30, 2008,
Make an Investment. Spend 80 buck on some nice In-Ears. you get what you pay for.
Sig What?
yeah the gray part always detaches from the white part on mine, its very annoying
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
I have a pair of seinheiser ear buds i like, they're great sounding and they cost like $40 canadian
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
No matter what brand of earbuds I have ever gotten they break! I get headphones only, more specifically SkullCandy only. my Lowriders have lasted for a full year now and they still work, but I want to get GIs
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
Quote by adyhendrixc
During my time of owning an mp3 player/ipods I must have had at leas 13 billion pairs of earphones.

Disregarding the possibility that you are exaggerating, you claim to have gone through at least 50 pairs of earphones per second since mp3 players first became available.
Quote by Malakian88
Disregarding the possibility that you are exaggerating, you claim to have gone through at least 50 pairs of earphones per second since mp3 players first became available.

Exactly! It's bleeding me dry...
Quote by RaveRock
I can not stress Skullcandy enough. BUY THOSE.

The very earphones I am listening to Pink Floyd with right now, with only the left ear working, are Skullcandy. They're awesome, but... just... break.
Sony makes cheapos for about $10 a pair. I have about 3 or 4 laying around cause I lose them all the damned time.
Quote by adyhendrixc
The very earphones I am listening to Pink Floyd with right now, with only the left ear working, are Skullcandy. They're awesome, but... just... break.

if they're earbuds, all earbuds suck

if they're headphones, they have like, the best warranty evar, that and you must really trash those sombitches if they actually broke
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
I used to have the same problem with breaking and just strange stuff falling apart but I've had good luck with these earphones called Radius Atomic Bass. Radius website Always worth a shot at least.
Quote by NemX162

no they dont.

sony makes the best eatbuds
look into it, the sound quality is incomparable
i got a pair for $50 and ill never buy anything music related not sony again. EVER.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼

I just got me a pair of these B*tches about 2 weeks ago, and they rock my world.

SkaterEdit: They were about 55$ with taxes.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Last edited by skaterkevin87 at Feb 3, 2009,
I have the same problem. I might look into some SkullCandy headphones I suppose, but I feel really bad about spending MORE money on headphones - I've bought two pairs of earbuds in about six months, and we're a bit broke atm...

****ing useless technology.
yeah mine break all the time,
buy headphones,
and make sure they're not made in china... ^_^
Sounds like you're breaking the wires and making a dodgy connection somewhere (just judging by you saying you couldn't walk with them)

You're probably wrapping them around your ipod too tightly or something, I would just stop doing that all together and get a matchbox or something to carry them in.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
If you wrap the headphones around your ipod too tight it eventually damages the cord, which makes one stop working.

This happened to me like 3 times before I figured out what was happening.

And get the sony heavy bass (I think that's what they're called) earphones. Best ones I've ever bought.
I've heard nothing but good reviews about skullcandy. But I bought Sony instead. They weren't spectacular or anything (for $40 anyways...) But they were durable. I then later came when saw these:

And then I was like =C because I could of had possibly better sound quality AND the sexiest earphones around.

SKULLCANDY

EDIT: Sorry for the big ass pic
Last edited by DiSTuRBeD -26- at Feb 18, 2009,
I have had my iPod for 2 and a half years. Bought it for $150. I have probably spent much more than that on headphones.
Get a Carvin. Do it.