Ok, so I want to discuss people's views on the versatility of Hagstrom guitars. I own a white Hagstrom Swede, and I find it really versatile, but I want to see what other people that have played them think.
i've got an xl-5 and i love it. even with my pathetic old rage 158 i can manage to get a huge range of tones. and it looks hot!
I went to a guitar shop around here and the owner was trying to sell me those guitars. I played 4 or 5, and honestly didn't like them. They're kinda like toys when I played them... the ones I played.

I'm not saying Hagstrom doesn't make good guitars, but the ones I played weren't so hot.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Fryer Mike
I went to a guitar shop around here and the owner was trying to sell me those guitars. I played 4 or 5, and honestly didn't like them. They're kinda like toys when I played them... the ones I played.

I'm not saying Hagstrom doesn't make good guitars, but the ones I played weren't so hot.

Depends on the models. Some of the lower end Hags are not as great, and since they are cheaper, they are more than likely to be carried. My local dealer has a bunch of 300's, which I can't stand.

I have a Select swede, blue flame. Nothing cheap about that one...
Main Gear
Hagstrom Select Swede- Fender C600 (modded of course) - Peavey PV8
Main Effects
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus
They nail a variety of rock and pop tones, as versatile as you can expect from LP and ES shaped guitars. I like them a lot. The Deluxe, Super Swede and Ultra Swede are great guitars.