I'm looking at a JCM2000 or mesa boogie DC-3 i need to know more about these amps. they dont sell either of these amps anymore so idk about their price in terms of retail. I have heard the DSL is better than the TSL and i wonder wtf is the reason for that. are these ampps all tube ( rectifier too ). or is one section solid state. also are their any other amps in this price range too look at ( preferably lesser known )
I'd go fort the DS-3. Dunno about the rectifier on it, might be solid state (but that just means you get a tighter attack, it gives none of the adverse affects normally associated with solid state amps). The DSL is considered better than the TSL because many find the TSL to have a muddy bottom end.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Maybe even a 6505+, Laney VH100R, or a Marshall Vintage Modern
Last edited by LukeBTH at Nov 30, 2008,
Oh, I didnt know your exact price range. But where are you from? because a guy i know is selling a TSL 100 for $975
ok. I'm from Pennsylvania, so i doubt my friend would be willing to ship the TSL. but yeah dude, good luck with your search
im inviting Otter to tis thread to give his advice cuz i love his advice plz come. also erock, theshred201, gpderek09, and timihendrix are invited because ur all geniuses with great advice.
The DC3 would suit you quit nicely. I've never like any JCM2000 that I've tried so I'd definitely go for the Mesa.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
how hard is the DC-3 ive had to boost most amps ive tried i.e. Peavey XXX, B52 AT-100.

edit: how many watts is it too idk that
I don't know how many watts it is but it has tons of gain just like the F series amps. Honestly, if it's not enough gain then you just plain need to much gain. In fact, if you want ungodly amounts of gain you might wanna look at an ampeg vh140c used or some type of randall.
The DC-3's are cool amps, but if you ever get into a style of music where you need a slightly overdriven tone, that boogie isn't for you. The DC-3's are either clean or really dirty; there is no in between.

I'd check out used mesa mark III amps. they can do everything and you could find one for the same as a JCM
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by LP51122
The DC-3's are cool amps, but if you ever get into a style of music where you need a slightly overdriven tone, that boogie isn't for you. The DC-3's are either clean or really dirty; there is no in between.

That's how my F-30 was, that's why I got rid of it.
These amps are SS rectified. A big name maker hasn't done tube rectifiers for decades.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Vox has the CC series AC30 with tube rectifiers.

the standard ones aren't tube rectified though anymore.

That amp is probably similar to the Marshall hand wired reissue amps. Not real common amps, more boutique like than a common amp
is there any thing above the 35 watt amp, if not, do you think a 35 watt combo will power an entire gym with about 350 people that are relatively silent
I think it'd have enough juice to be heard, but without being mic'd there would be dead spots no matter how long it went.
Somewhere in the gym where the sound doesn't get to very well, it happens when all the sound is coming from one place, like an un mic'd band. Bass is not very directional, IE it radiates out, but treble is very directional and won't be heard well by people out to the side.

All I'm saying is 35 watts from a tube amp is enough and a 100 watt amp wouldn't get the sound spread out better.