I've heard great things about this little amp and am looking for a tube amp. Are they overrated or understimated? What are your experieces with this amp and how do you feel about it doing Brit Crunch and Blues?
From what I've heard on the forums and you tube they sound good. I just ordered the handsome devil. I have never heard this amp other then youtube and there were almost no reviews on it. I hope its sound good.
The blackhearts are great at classic rock and blues. They are also very moddable. Good amps for the money
Try it first, those little 5 watters have their own sound and not everyone digs them. Personally I'd take a larger amp at lower volumes over a 5 watter, but that's just me.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^ kevin, nobody seems to carry them in the stores. Not one to be found here, anywhere. I was trying to compare to a TT.
Quote by Luxifer
I've heard great things about this little amp and am looking for a tube amp. Are they overrated or understimated? What are your experieces with this amp and how do you feel about it doing Brit Crunch and Blues?

I owned one for a while... its a good amp, not great, should do Brit crunch/Blues very well. It takes pedals well, not voiced for metal and it's not very versatile. Dont let the 5 watts fool you either, it can get very LOUD, whether it sounds good cranked is up for debate. I personally didnt dig the amp very much and sold it only because I like high gain stuff.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by Sin City Sid
^ kevin, nobody seems to carry them in the stores. Not one to be found here, anywhere. I was trying to compare to a TT.

The TT is a totally different amp than the blackheart. TT has a lot more gain, the gain is independent from the volume.

5 watts is still loud. a 50 watt amp is only twice as loud as a 5 watt amp. My TT on 7 watts is way to loud for the bedroom with it cranked
Quote by Sin City Sid

The tiny terror is a much better amp and frankly, quite different. If you can afford a TT I'd go for that over the BH anyday. It can switch down to 7 watts and frankly, you probably wouldn't notice much difference between 5 watts cranked and 15 watts cranked anyways.
I got the Little Giant this fall as my first tube amp, and am still getting used to it.
A single channel tube amp is way different than any solid-state practice amp, but it sounds great to my young ear, and new tubes will take some of the harshness out of the break-up.
It's also very loud, I'm probably going to get the Weber MicroMass attenuator so I can get a really nice crunch at lower volumes.
I hear it responds really nicely to pedals, but have yet to try anything but an MXR 10-band (OCD coming soon! (hopefully)).

It's pretty british-sounding, so it should be great for the stuff you've listed.
Good luck!
Quote by Jack Carver
I got the Little Giant this fall as my first tube amp, and am still getting used to it.
A single channel tube amp is way different than any solid-state practice amp, but it sounds great to my young ear, and new tubes will take some of the harshness out of the break-up.
It's also very loud, I'm probably going to get the Weber MicroMass attenuator so I can get a really nice crunch at lower volumes.
I hear it responds really nicely to pedals, but have yet to try anything but an MXR 10-band (OCD coming soon! (hopefully)).

It's pretty british-sounding, so it should be great for the stuff you've listed.
Good luck!

Lol im craving for an OCD as well Thanks for all the replies.
Quote by Sin City Sid
Sheesh guys, the handsome devil is a 15/7w like the TT.

Not the amp we're talking about.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you were the TS, totally got confused there
Quote by Kevin Saale
Not the amp we're talking about.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you were the TS, totally got confused there

It's all good
I have one and enjoy it. I have some NOS tubes in it and it screams. I use a 2x12 loaded with Celestion Vintage 30's, or sometimes my Epi Vjr cabinet. It is a great practice/small gig amp. That is if you play rock/blues. It is not a metal amp. It has a little more versitility than an Epi Vjr and a little more headroom, but it does sound just a little thin compared to a cranked Epi Vjr. What do you plan on doing with this amp? Just a practice amp? gigs?
Practice amp. But im probably getting a tube overdrive pedal instead ><