I have a Ibanez s470 and I can not get the tremelo system to sit parallel to the guitars body while intune. If I have it set this way my result is the tremolo block in the cavity/back of the guitar does not want to sit flush with the stop rod. Go here for reference http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g20/madpickin03/Tremolo%20Unit/ZRsetup2.jpg. If I have my guitar tuned and the corrections are made to fit the correct image shown on the url then my tremolo system wanted to angle up.
Last edited by rebel624 at Nov 30, 2008,
I had this same problem. I always wondered if the ZR was supposed sit uneven with the body of the guitar. I got fed up and just took the backstop out.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
good to know its not just me I red you can take it out to make your tremolo a floating trem, but I would still like to correct this issue. It's as if the springs aren't long enough to allow this to work correctly.
Its as if it was made to not have the trem level with the guitars body.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I thought of that too, but I looked up sever pictures online and seemed as if some looked level to the body and some were angled. So I guess it just depends on the guitar.