(if this is in the wrong forum, tell me and ill move this thread)

Ok lately over the last week about ive been working on an "acoustic solo piece".
(i put it in " " because im not sure if it should be called that, because it sounds really classical)

its like chords and a melody, and its fingerpicked, and all that good stuff.

personally i think it sounds really cool, and im definately getting better at guitar.

ive noticed that alot of old composers change key to change moods.
i did that, i changed from A minor (sad, obviously) to A major.

Is there any other good "tips and tricks", like changing keys to change moods, i should know about to really make this piece a good one, and to make it full and complete?

and by the way, i think dramatic classical music is much more entertaining. (beethovens 5th is a great example of the classical stuff i like)

so basically, is there any cool tips or tricks anyone could tell me to make my piece cooler?
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by slorggetti
Take advantage of harmonics.

i never thought of adding harmonics in!!!
+111
thank you
seriously
=]

EDIT: if you have any more ideas, please tell me
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
besides making it awsome melodicaly you could throw in some timing changes to make it rythmically interesting
[quote="'[DookieShoes"]']besides making it awsome melodicaly you could throw in some timing changes to make it rythmically interesting
+1
another good post
thanks
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
You can use chromatics to make the transition You can also alter the 7th or 6th scale degree in the minor scale prior to going into major for an easier transition. If you want something with more feel you can break whatever rthym you have and go into something very slow and quiet. And then come back into the piece very abruptly with the tempo you previously had.
Quote by Ibanez20th
You can use chromatics to make the transition You can also alter the 7th or 6th scale degree in the minor scale prior to going into major for an easier transition. If you want something with more feel you can break whatever rthym you have and go into something very slow and quiet. And then come back into the piece very abruptly with the tempo you previously had.

you guys are helping me alot =]
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic