Is there any software available that i can type in a chord progression and it will automatically give me chord fingerings that work together instead of me having to manually lookup different chord variations to piece together?
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
You should be able to construct any chord you know instantly, anywhere on the fretboard. I strongly suggest learning your way around the fretboard and studying chord construction.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^that is something that comes with time and practice. One way of practicing is to play songs and figure out which voicings work best. Telling the TS he should be at a level he hasn't reached yet is kind of strange.

TS I don't think there is any such software. You'll just have to keep on keeping on. Or look at

Good Luck
Si
There are no shortcuts. Spend the time you are using looking for software etc on just learning the stuff the good old fashioned way.
Andy
I know chord theory, i have to think about it a little but i can do it. I'm looking for something like this because when i get several pieces of music handed to me for a jazz combo i play in i often dont have time to sit down and work out the chords for 5+ songs that i have to play the next day
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15