Well, for christmas my parents have agreed to get me a few pedals.

I already have a DS-1 and i REEEEAAALLY want a EHX English Muff'n.. Would it be worth getting that and getting rid of the DS-1 or not getting it and keep the DS-1 or jus have both like John Frusciante..

Im not sure.. please help lol..

Cheers
froosh has a DS-2 and a big muff pi...... last i looked at least.

also, scrap the DS-1 and get a MI Audio crunch box (assuming you have the money) and get the muff'n if you want, its a good pedal.

but, i would wait until the new big muff ships out. i cant wait to try it.
^I think he currently uses a English Muff'n though.

And TS, I think you should keep the DS-1 and use both like John Frusciante. I have my pedals set up that way, but with a Bad Monkey and a (vintage) Big Muff + a WH-10. That gives me great tones for playing RHCP stuffs.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
^I think he currently uses a English Muff'n though.

And TS, I think you should keep the DS-1 and use both like John Frusciante. I have my pedals set up that way, but with a Bad Monkey and a (vintage) Big Muff + a WH-10. That gives me great tones for playing RHCP stuffs.

... where did you get your WH-10?
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
uhh... bought on ebay.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Froosh uses a DS-2, not 1, and yes get both the Boss and EHX.

I have a DS-2, and am currently on the hunt for a WH-10, luckily I recently talked with a guy via Craigslist and might be getting my hands on one soon
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
^You'll nail those RHCP tones for sure when you get the WH-10!
However, as I said earlier - I don't really think it matters if you have DS1 or 2, they'll both do the job well I'm sure. I use the Bad Monkey and I'm satisfyed, it might not be up to par with all the other high end gear I have but I haven't found anything to complain about yet when it comes to the BM.

Oh, and one more thing. The reason I suggest you to keep the DS-1/2 (whatever lol) is because you can have the DS on all the time, since JF's cleans are never really clean, they're always a bit boosted/crunchy, so use that on all the time, and use the EHX as a dist pedal. That's what I do.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by Hultan
uhh... bought on ebay.

got mine on ebay too. i may buy a second one just to have

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I'm thinking of buying a third one. But that one must have the original box and manual etc with it.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard