Ok, I'm going to be trying out some amps soon so I know what to ask for when I send a large chunk of my family a Christmas list.

I play blues, rock, and modern country. My problem is I'm 16. I need a bedroom tube amp that I can crank and still stay at relatively low volumes. My budget is roughly $400 US. Keyword is roughly. I'd prefer to keep things in the $300-$350 range.

I've been looking at Blackheart amps. They seem to be the best amps in my price range. I like how the Handsome Devil has more EQ controls than the Little Giant, but is 15/7w too much for bedroom play? (For those that don't know, HD is a switchable 15/7w amp, Little Giant is 5/3w)

tl;dr - I'm looking for a blues/rock/modern country bedroom tube amp for a 16 y/o that doesn't want to piss of the family by playing too loud and shaking the foundation of the house. Budget is <$400 US. Suggestions?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
They sound pretty cool! Had no idea they existed, nice Well, about the wattage choice. There is a pedal (can't recall manufacturer or name either) that "pushes" your tubes, so they sound as good as if the amp was cranked up. I've heard that it damages the tubes, but I'm not really sure. Maybe search a bit around. I'd get the Handsome devil
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
The problem is 15w of tube sound seems like way too much power for bedroom playing. Even 5w seems to be too much. Maybe I could get an attenuator (sp?) from some of my other family members to compensate for the loudness?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
The little giant might be a good choice, but even on the 3 watt setting it's still gonna be too loud to crank.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Would getting an attenuator allow me to crank without everything being too loud? From what I've seen an attenuator quiets the amp down while still allowing you to take advantage of the natural tube sounds? Am I right?
And honestly I'd prefer the Handsome Devil since it has more on-board EQ and overdrive controls.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray