I have been looking for a delay pedal for a while now and came upon the Line 6 DL4. This delay pedal sounds pretty good. But I have heard countless reports of broken DL4s. Is it worth the money for the DL4 or are there better digital delays?
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket
Mine broke on me, I've been looking at getting the Boss DD-7, maybe that should be one you look into because I've heard a lot of great things about it. Another one I've heard great things about it the Electro-Harmonix Memory Man w/ hazarai, but I hear they may not be very reliable. to me it's a tough choice between the two. I just hear that the boss dd-7 is built like a tank and I'm not surprised. boss makes really great pedals.
ive had mine for over a year now and its working perfectly.
the ehx is a great pedal also, just not too many features compared to the dl4 (not that i even use half the stuff the dl4 has).
the dd-7 has no versatility so unless you need straight up digital delay, stick with the dl4 or memory man.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622
ive had mine for over a year now and its working perfectly.
the ehx is a great pedal also, just not too many features compared to the dl4 (not that i even use half the stuff the dl4 has).
the dd-7 has no versatility so unless you need straight up digital delay, stick with the dl4 or memory man.

The DD-7 has loads of versatility. At least 6 delay modes plus stereo output, unlimited looping, tap tempo etc.
DL4 is pretty cool, Line 6's delays are awesome
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
ive had my dl4 for like, er, 5 years or so... never broke on me.

only problem ive had with line 6 modellers (ive owned them all except the filter version) was the stomp switches coming undone and popping into the body of the pedal. Easily fixable with some loctite on the threads or a good tightening with a BIG spanner .

my dl4 has become such an integral part of my sound hat I couldnt imagine achieving those sounds and that functionality with ANY other delay pedal - a true classic delay!!

in what way did your dl4 break elfunmachineo ?
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
lol. Adam Jones from tool has used his dl4 since he started going on tour about 10 years ago. He still uses it to record his albums.

But still, I love my dd-6, and since now that the 7 has come out, you can get it quite cheaply on ebay.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=dd-6&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Try not to pay more than 100 since new they go for 130ish.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
^Everybody and their mother uses a DL4
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
Love mucking around with the line6 delays on Gearbox and PodFarm. Going to do a comparison between DL4 and DD-7 later this week.
try and get a dd6 they live forever
they go for pretty cheap now that dd7 are so poular
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by hippyheaven1
ive had my dl4 for like, er, 5 years or so... never broke on me.

only problem ive had with line 6 modellers (ive owned them all except the filter version) was the stomp switches coming undone and popping into the body of the pedal. Easily fixable with some loctite on the threads or a good tightening with a BIG spanner .

my dl4 has become such an integral part of my sound hat I couldnt imagine achieving those sounds and that functionality with ANY other delay pedal - a true classic delay!!

in what way did your dl4 break elfunmachineo ?

it just stopped working one day, I've heard this has happened with a lot of people. judging from what I'm reading on here, people really don't have too much trouble with it though.
just stopped working? OUCH!!

so, did you send it back to line 6?
I've got a Digitech DL-8 and it's wonderful. Lots of different delays and the looping is awesome. And it sure as hell won't break.
Hm wonder how the Dl-8 and DD-7 compare to each other. They're basically the same pedal function wise.
my dl-4 broke just after i'd had it for 1 year, so the warranty had expired i loved it though
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by Meatball200
Hm wonder how the Dl-8 and DD-7 compare to each other. They're basically the same pedal function wise.

Well, the DL-8 is one louder.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
Quote by hippyheaven1
just stopped working? OUCH!!

so, did you send it back to line 6?

no, the warranty had expired already. it's a shame, but it happens. I didn't even gig with it, I think I did just once.
I probably will get the Line 6 DL4 with an extended warranty...
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket
yea, go for the warranty. I want one badly, and the "crapping out issue" is basically broken switches and whatnot, which Line 6 seems to replace with no issues or cost with the warranty.

theh dl4's are quite versatile tools. the delays sound really good (contrary to popular belief), but the main thing lots of people use them for is the looping, which is quite amazing. Not as intense as some loopers, but it's incredibly usefull and sounds really good. They're a bit of a workhorse, or as line 6 calls it, a "tacklebox." That and an analog delay would definitely cover a ton of delay needs.
i got DL-4 last Friday when GC had the 15% percent off thing going on. its my 1st looper, and im addicted to the looping feature. i feel like im neglecting the other great delay settings. o well . great pedal though
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
B-52 AT-100
Mesa 2x12
Korg Pitchblack
Boss NS-2
BBE Green Screamer
Line 6 DL4
Quote by elfunmachineo
no, the warranty had expired already. it's a shame, but it happens. I didn't even gig with it, I think I did just once.

you should still send it in to line 6 for repair... youll have to pay, but its gotta be worth it