I've been doing some more research in my long trip of looking for a good acoustic in the 600ish dollar range, preferable lower but I'm willing to push a little depending on the deal. I tried a lot at my GC and was blown away by the Breedlove AD25 SM. Out of any guitar i picked up that wasn't over 1000, this guitar blew everything away. Instantly fell in love but unfortunately didn't have the cash to spend at the time

My most recent trip to GC (yesterday) i found the same guitar and played it again, still in love. I also tried out a seagull coastline S6, and i actually really liked the sound and feel of this one too. I really liked having a bit more in the highs and note clarity with the seagull.

So now I am torn, as the breedlove is about 100 more (600 at GC since that whole series was redone and pricedropped). The Seagull I can probly get for around 500, but it has a laminate back and sides, where as the breedlove has a solid mahogany back to go along with the solid spruce top, just laminate sides. I like the solid back, and i love the different sounds that each guitar gives, so im torn in between the two. Does anyone have experince with either of these guitars that would be helpful?? My decision is probly going to come from one of these two guitars, any help is greatly appreciated.
As you have noticed, laminated back and sides don't have any adverse affects on sound. Quality of build is comparable and soundwise they both stand out. Still I would go for the Breedlove. You will get over that extra 100 soon enough, but the feeling that you didn't buy the guitar you instantly fell in love with can keep nagging you forever, especially at times your strings are getting duller and need to be replaced.
Ok, it's not a very rational approach, but as these are both very good guitars there is no real rational reason why to go for one and not for the other, so you might as well let your hormones lead you.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
As you have noticed, laminated back and sides don't have any adverse affects on sound. Quality of build is comparable and soundwise they both stand out. Still I would go for the Breedlove. You will get over that extra 100 soon enough, but the feeling that you didn't buy the guitar you instantly fell in love with can keep nagging you forever, especially at times your strings are getting duller and need to be replaced.
Ok, it's not a very rational approach, but as these are both very good guitars there is no real rational reason why to go for one and not for the other, so you might as well let your hormones lead you.

Completely agree.

Seagulls, even though they have more laminate, sound just as good as any other guitar in their price range.

Just go for your gut feeling. Both are great choices and you wont regret getting either guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
does anyone have any personal experience with either of these guitars? would just like to hear about personal knowledge with either of these, thanks for the responses guys