Haven't been on in quite a bit. While I was away I wrote quite a few songs, this one is the latest one.

Once the main riff came to my head, the rest of the song was very easy, took about an hour total to come up w/ the riffs and arrange them into a song. Adding drums/bass/overdubs took about 30 minutes. Solo another 5 min (I was just improving, except for that little run at bar 63, that was just randomly entered notes into guitar pro, turned out good, still can't play that part though lol). Interlude took about a minute to come up with, so it won't sound the greatest, but its a template.

Its a very simple song, just really fast and brutal and uncompromising in my opinion. This song isn't meant to be super complex, its just supposed to be straight forward simple/easy/entry-level metal (at least thats what I was aiming for when I wrote it).

As for the name, its temporary, but man does it sound badass. Can't wait to find a band/vocalist to add lyrics to this!

Please let me know what you guys think about it and what I can do to make it better. I will crit for crit.

Included are in the zip file is the gp4, gp5.2, and midi files.

Hope you like it! (If you're using RSE it may not sound that great, listen to the midi file to get a better idea of what I'm trying to portray, I only have the drum RSE sounds installed on my gp5.2, not the guitar ones; so to me it sounds good but if you have RSE on it may not sound that good at all).
Attachments:
Behead_the_messenger_song_by_tabreezazad.zip
Last edited by cptazad at Dec 1, 2008,
it sounds really tight when u dont use RSE. when u do use RSE, it sounds like ****. not cuz its bad, but cuz the RSE is retarded with really low tuning like dropped B? that the song is in. good job man!
Meh, most of it was pretty blah. The main riff is alright, but its nothing really special.

There were some nice parts it the solo (I did really like it from bar 65 onward, as the whole thing up until that sounded to me as being pretty near damn impossible), a couple of good riffs here and there, but really the only good part I think is the riff and melody after the breakdown.
Last edited by AA00P at Nov 30, 2008,
Ah yes RSE, I have 5.2 installed but I never installed the guitar/bass RSE's (just the drum ones) cuz I knew it sounded like crap, so whenever I write stuff in GP5.2, I'll always hear the non RSE version =)

As for the solo being damn near impossible, it really isn't, I didn't add hammerons in there but I guess I should have cuz when I play that run (bar53-55) its not impossible (still is hard), especially when you just use legato. I can't play the part at bar 56 yet (the notes on the 1st string) nor bar 61-64, I can play it at 180bpm but it'll take some time to work up to speed, like I said, that was the stuff I randomly came up with in guitar pro, not really riffing it out on guitar or anything.

Please give me suggestions as to what I can do to make the song better, its nice to point out the good and bad parts, but what can be done to make the whole thing better?

Thanks.

Remember fellas, crit for crit.
Last edited by cptazad at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by AA00P
Meh, most of it was pretty blah. The main riff is alright, but its nothing really special.

There were some nice parts it the solo (I did really like it from bar 65 onward, as the whole thing up until that sounded to me as being pretty near damn impossible), a couple of good riffs here and there, but really the only good part I think is the riff and melody after the breakdown.

I don't see how that solo is anywhere near being impossible.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
I don't see how that solo is anywhere near being impossible.

Impossible certainly is an overstatement, I'll admit that.

It's just I've never heard a UGer shred like that.
to be honest.. that was pretty generic.
i dont want to sound harsh, but the verse/chorus was anything but interesting.
the first part of the solo sounds like blah. try to create something more atmospheric like the 2nd part (beginning 73).
but the drums were pretty good, they varied and fit in everywhere.

bar 87 - 120 were great, i very liked it.
you've done well creating a dark, strange feeling with the clean part and the chug-chug-stop part after that.
write a new song in that style !
make your song dwell in blood and vile, and let it feed on your hatred.

i'd suggest to take up bar 87-120 and write a new song.
keep up the good drum work. remember not to overuse double bass.

oh, and i have a new song.
check it out if you have any time.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013559
Hey man, definitely feeling all the lead work it was pretty sweet especially around bar 73. For the rhythm I was particular to the "bridge", the "breakdown", and the acoustic bit, that was awesome. Sadly i wasn't too into the verse or chorus riffs, which is most of any song really. My advice: take said parts and keep 'em tight and maybe work something new into the chorus and verse but hey that's just me.

Thanks for the crit on my stuff, much appreciated and I'll be sure to send you my next piece whenever I finish it, I tend to write very slowly lol

ps. I was totally doing some devildriver growls at parts, it just felt right :P