I play all kinds of music, so I'm looking for something versatile, but at the same time, I play in a goregrind/death metal. I was thinking of getting a Dimarzio Blaze installed in the bridge, and an Evolution in the neck. Would this give me a cutting sound that lends itself well to death metal, or should I look elsewhere? I definitely want the Evolution in the neck, because I'm a Steve Vai fan, and I love his tone.

Any particular suggestions? I have a Carvin DC727 btw, and please, I'd prefer no EMG 707s.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
I have no advice to give you as I have no knowledge of metal pickups... but I had to post just to commend you on your Maddox sig. Haha
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
It's really old >_> I've been meaning to change it, but I'm so lazy.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
try an Dimarzio X2N 7 in the Bridge and DImarzio Tone Zone 7 in the neck should make an transparent but crushing tone for the MEtal.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
What kind of tone does the Tone Zone provide? I was kind of looking for a rich, creamy sound for the neck.
-Maddox.