Page 1 of 4
So pit........... we all love concerts, right? And we all know how bands go all out during encores ^.^ So which one do you think did it the best?

So what was your favorite encore you have seen?

Mine would have to be when I saw Relient K, couple of months ago, I went to that concert for Ludo and House Of Heroes but after that I got 2 of there albums . They closed with Deathbed witch is there 11 minute ballad that is truly amazing.

or

Foo Fighters who played Best Of You.
Quote by soulflyV
Either Tenacious D or (new) Guns N Roses.

yeah when i saw guns they played paradise city for an encore with huge confetti cannons and stuff, really awesome, and played madagascar for a second encore
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Holy crap Relient K did deathbed as an encore!?!?!

You have no idea how jealous I am of you right now.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
Bruce Springsteen

nice 1.5 hour encore after the 3 hour concert

/thread
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Coheed and Cambria ending with like a 10 minute version of The Final Cut. It was incredible, and to make it all better it was at a tiny venue so I was like 5 feet away from them the entire time.

edit: and best encore that I haven't seen personally is definitely Pink Floyd's encore off of the Pulse DVD.
My favorite was seeing NiN play back in august. Did Hurt for one of their encores. Whole show was full of crazy lights and **** then for hurt they just dimmed pretty much all the lights. Great finisher
Crosby Stills & Nash did a triple encore when I saw them. They were incredible, amazing how great their voices harmonize together.
One Little Victory -RUSH
YYZ - RUSH
A Passage to Bangkok - RUSH

Honestly.... best Encore I've ever seen....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Coheed and Cambria in '04

They played The Final Cut with about 10 minutes of guitar improv and midway through the bassist just dissapears. I was so focused on the guitars he kinda just suddenly disapeared xD
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Children of Bodom played Journey.

Which led into Downfall. Love it.
Quote by Hambonicus
Holy crap Relient K did deathbed as an encore!?!?!

You have no idea how jealous I am of you right now.

Yeah I know.........

I nearly cried I was so happy......

lol. Uncle Fest Tour was there best tour, even beat the Switchfoot one.
Rock N Roll All Nite - KISS

So many boobies were flashed, I was like a little kid at a rock concert.

cwatididthar?
Quote by bokma
My first time hasn't come yet.. but when I does, I'm gonna die of stage fright

Keith Urban, both times Ive seen him. He puts so much energy into his set and espicially the encore.

When Fall Out Boy plays Saturday it's always amazing aswell, I got one of Andys sticks after.
Epiphone G-400 Goth (I love it so much!)
Digitech RP 80 Modeling Guitar Processor
Viper Amp (Getting new one soon.)
Jay Turser Strat (Worst guitar ever made.)

"Different strokes for different folks."
Quote by raess
Keith Urban, both times Ive seen him. He puts so much energy into his set and espicially the encore.

When Fall Out Boy plays Saturday it's always amazing aswell, I caught one of Andys sticks after.

Ah how is FOB live?

Ive been debating if I should see them or not when they come around.
Coheed & Cambria, May 29, 2008, The Orbit Room, Grand Rapids, MI

After a freaking epic rendition of In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth, the band comes back out onto the stage and plays Welcome Home (twas epic) after that, they start playing The Final Cut, which leads into long bit of Improv, First the Guitarists have their fun, Travis Stever Playing with his Talk Box, and Claudio Sanchez messed around with this weird box thing with an antenna, it was weird. Those two leave the stage, leaving the Bassist, Drummer, and Keyboardist. Mic Todd starts getting crazy on his bass, and the keyboardist plays around too, then they both leave after a while. So now, just the Drummer is left, and jumps into this all out jam for at least 20 minutes or more, just by himself. He was INSANE. after that 20 minutes or so, the rest of the band drifts back onto stage and they Finish the song they started over Half an hour ago.

The best part was that there were people leaving during the drum solo, because they didn't think it was going to end.

The whole Encore added almost 45 minutes to the Show.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
smashing pumpkins had 3 encores after a 3-hour set, but i think the flaming lips have my vote when they played war pigs as an encore in 2006
Amon Amarth:

Cry of the Black Birds
Followed by The Pursuit of Vikings. (or the other way around can't remember)

It was insaneeeeee.
Quote by DeltaFunk

After a freaking epic rendition of In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth, the band comes back out onto the stage and plays Welcome Home (twas epic) after that, they start playing The Final Cut, which leads into long bit of Improv, First the Guitarists have their fun, Travis Stever Playing with his Talk Box, and Claudio Sanchez messed around with this weird box thing with an antenna, it was weird. Those two leave the stage, leaving the Bassist, Drummer, and Keyboardist. Mic Todd starts getting crazy on his bass, and the keyboardist plays around too, then they both leave after a while. So now, just the Drummer is left, and jumps into this all out jam for at least 20 minutes or more, just by himself. He was INSANE. after that 20 minutes or so, the rest of the band drifts back onto stage and they Finish the song they started over Half an hour ago.

The best part was that there were people leaving during the drum solo, because they didn't think it was going to end.

i saw the same thing in minneapolis in june 2008. EPIC
i saw a country band called little texas, and for their encore they played a song titled "theres a first time for everthing" with about a 10 minute slide guitar battle/solo at the end that was friggen AWESOME.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Garth Brooks. No. Seriously.

I went and saw him in KC last year. He did one crazy awesome high-energy encore, and then when his band went off stage, he stayed on stage with his acoustic, sat down on the steps in the middle of his stage, and played 4 or 5 acoustic songs. His finale was Piano Man. I swear that I will never see a better concert. Garth was on and the entire arena was singing along
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Dang I didn't use the search bar and I just found out there were no other threads yay ^.^

No search bar jokes
Quote by rockfan7

Foo Fighters who played Best Of You.

i agree i saw the Foo's play and their encore was Everlong accompanied with a fireworks and laser display. Twas cool.
Quote by Trefellin

I wish I could do a handstand while peeing.

Quote by jordanzio
and i biked all the way home with a dump in my pants.
Quote by DeltaFunk
*insert epic encore description*

God damn that sounds amazing. I can't WAIT to see them again in January. Only problem is that they're going to be a supporting band this time around, for Slipknot of all fucking bands...

I'll just leave after Coheed are finished.
Quote by DeltaFunk

a 20 minute drum solo is sort for Pennie -_-
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Bonus points for liking Relient K.

All things considered, though, best encore I've seen was probably Reel Big Fish getting back on stage for the second time to play "Sell Out." Good times. Either that or Billy Talent, but I'm pretty sure their encore was kinda overshadowed by the massive build-up to "Red Flag."
There will probably be a signature here at some point.
Quote by morty92_2
i agree i saw the Foo's play and their encore was Everlong accompanied with a fireworks and laser display. Twas cool.

Dang mine only had 20 yards of strobe lights............

I want my lazor show.......
Flogging Molly had an awesome one when i saw them.

Dave King even made a comment about how i looked like someone from Metallica.
Opeth.

The Drapery Falls.

(Akerfeldt's commentary for this song at the Seattle concert in October was nothing short of epic...)
Quote by Adam...?
Bonus points for liking Relient K.

All things considered, though, best encore I've seen was probably Reel Big Fish getting back on stage for the second time to play "Sell Out." Good times. Either that or Billy Talent, but I'm pretty sure their encore was kinda overshadowed by the massive build-up to "Red Flag."

I need to look into Reel Big Fish apparently o.o

and yes RK FTW!
ive seen streetlight manifesto multiple times. this one time, after an hour passed they told us each song was their last. once they actually left everyone shouted for an encore, played it, left, then came back for another encore, tomas said "we got two more for you, philly!" played one then left and didnt come back. gotta love those guys.
Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
Incubus - Aqueous Transmission (such a cool come-down from the show they put on)
Queens of the Stone Age - among others, Songs for the Dead
Radiohead - There, There
incubus - aqueous transmission
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by rockfan7
Dang mine only had 20 yards of strobe lights............

I want my lazor show.......

I think they only had it because it was a outside stadium and was their last show of 06? or 05? i can't remember. But i do remember Dave Grohl throwing beer on on me. : D
Quote by Trefellin

I wish I could do a handstand while peeing.

Quote by jordanzio
and i biked all the way home with a dump in my pants.
Between the Buried and Me came back on and played Viridian and White Walls for their encore. It was incredible.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Page 1 of 4