Page 1 of 3
nz_matt
What about "Ghost Mutt?"
941 IQ
This is a thread for people who don't believe in Santa.

Post your favourite Atheist hardcore.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
JxD
957 IQ
Cursed, Guilt Parade is such an awesome song.
YarTar
13 IQ
Music made by Atheists or Atheist based songs?
nz_matt
What about "Ghost Mutt?"
941 IQ
Quote by saxaxe
Ceremony

"I won't be skullfucked by faith, I am the upside down cross"

This is pretty much the only band that could get away with those lyrics. And I reckon they only just barely do.

Ceremony was the most violent band I've seen this year, I came out of both shows bleeding from the head. I wish there were more shows like that in Aus.
Quote by lachyray
nz_matt
What about "Ghost Mutt?"
941 IQ
Quote by YarTar

whatever you want.
Quote by lachyray
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Quote by YarTar

Or the band Atheist?
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
BassFishin
The Wizard's Baker
3,352 IQ
Quote by nz_matt

This is pretty much the only band that could get away with those lyrics. And I reckon they only just barely do.

Ceremony was the most violent band I've seen this year, I came out of both shows bleeding from the head. I wish there were more shows like that in Aus.

but....isn't an upside down cross a symbol of satanism? which is technically a religion?

edit: for the record, i'm atheist
pmeg568c
UG Spammer
5,502 IQ
do all the band members have to be atheist? or does that not make them an atheist band.

lol
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
macjac
290 IQ
Quote by nz_matt

HA! a bleeding head sounds fun!
nz_matt
What about "Ghost Mutt?"
941 IQ
Quote by BassFishin
but....isn't an upside down cross a symbol of satanism? which is technically a religion?

edit: for the record, i'm atheist

Actually it's a Christian symbol.
http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/peter.html
http://prorege-forum.com/messages/776.html

When non-Christians use it it doesn't really mean anything, they're just being disrespectful.
Quote by lachyray
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by nz_matt
Actually it's a Christian symbol.
http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/peter.html
http://prorege-forum.com/messages/776.html

When non-Christians use it it doesn't really mean anything, they're just being disrespectful.

Upside down cross is not a Christian symbol at all. It's the opposite in fact. I'm a Christian and been raised in church my whole life and my dad's a pastor. I'm just not retarded like alot of other people.
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
So far Pulling Teeth is the only band I can tolerate. Most bands I find in any genre are a lot better when they do it subtley...
saxaxe
UG Resident
3,106 IQ
Quote by 12shinn21
Good thread.

Speaking of Pulling Teeth, http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9inzBm9Y-z0
I think user: SadistNation was present when this was filmed.

He probably was. That's The Charm City Art Space. Fucking love it there.
nz_matt
What about "Ghost Mutt?"
941 IQ
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Upside down cross is not a Christian symbol at all. It's the opposite in fact. I'm a Christian and been raised in church my whole life and my dad's a pastor. I'm just not retarded like alot of other people.

"The inverted cross nearby a Roman Catholic Pope is the sign of the Fisherman, Peter, who was crucified upside down. This use by the Roman Catholic Pope goes back in ancient history to the 1st century. This valid Christian use of the inverted cross, pre-dates contemporary thinking that an upside down cross is always associated with Satanism, similar to a black mass. It is in fact, old Christian symbol for the Martyrdom of St. Peter. The inverted cross has no meaning at all to religious Satanists."

Quote by lachyray
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Ok, I get that. It may be what it initially meant but it isn't associated with it anymore and Satanist/Atheist use the upside down cross as an anti-Christian meaning. I'm not trying to start an arguement and I think we can agree on what I said.

Edit: Alright there is a picture now. Maybe Catholics still use it some because they pray to St. Peter and all that. I don't know as much about Catholicism because it's kind of does its own thing when it comes to Saints and all the symbolism.
Last edited by waldorphPRS41 at Dec 1, 2008,
nz_matt
What about "Ghost Mutt?"
941 IQ
Yeah, I probably didn't make it clear enough originally. I was just pointing out that it's not really a symbol for any particular organised group or religion, it's just used by non-Christians to be disrespectful to Christianity. And was originally used as a Christian symbol.

It's amazing how many idiots there are who use inverted crosses, like have them tattooed etc but don't know that it was originally the Cross of St Peter.
Quote by lachyray
SadistNation
1,256 IQ
Quote by 12shinn21
Good thread.

Speaking of Pulling Teeth, http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9inzBm9Y-z0
I think user: SadistNation was present when this was filmed.

I AM!!!! i've checked youtube and their myspace almost everyday since when it was shot, it has been sooooo long. That was so much fun.
12shinn21
UG's Jack Black
421 IQ
Quote by SadistNation
I AM!!!! i've checked youtube and their myspace almost everyday since when it was shot, it has been sooooo long. That was so much fun.

Are you in the clip?

If so you'd better be either in the pile on or stomping jesus.
Last.fm

I saw tail lights, last night, in a dream about my old life
Everybody leaves so why, why wouldn't you?
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
2,405 IQ
Everyone always flames Christian bands, so...

Atheist based bands have no sense of purpose; they exist to make what I believe is crappy music and have no positive impression on others lives. Not to mention, I haven't heard a single one that I like in particular.
STABxYOU
Keeps Punk Rock Elite
982 IQ
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Ok, I get that. It may be what it initially meant but it isn't associated with it anymore and Satanist/Atheist use the upside down cross as an anti-Christian meaning. I'm not trying to start an arguement and I think we can agree on what I said.

Most atheists don't actually bother with anti-Christian imagery. We have bigger concerns then any specific form of superstition.

Anyways, does Shai Hulud count? What about every crust punk band ever?

There's lots of secular music, but not really much in the way of atheist bands. I guess materialism/rationalism isn't very easy to write songs about. Not every anti-religious/anti-clerical song is atheist.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
SadistNation
1,256 IQ
so you're saying that music that doesn't worship a "god" is crappy music and has no purpose?
that's a really awesome way at looking at things

and yeah i'm in the piles and walking over jesus, and i'm pretty sure just about every crust band counts ha. And yeah there are many bands who don't outrightly say that they are atheist, it's more of an inferred thing, i know of more bands who don't have lyrics about religion than who do. I prefer the bands that don't because i don't enjoy people preaching to me
Last edited by SadistNation at Dec 1, 2008,
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
2,405 IQ
Quote by SadistNation
so you're saying that music that doesn't worship a "god" is crappy music and has no purpose?

No, I'm saying that Anti-Christian/Anti-God music is generally crappy and has no purpose. I have no problem with music not worshipping God, but I have a problem with music degrading and belittling God, as it is almost always gory, has to do with tasteless things, and is pointless.
zayG
SIQQ CHUGZ BRAH
1,193 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93

Atheist based bands have no sense of purpose; they exist to make what I believe is crappy music and have no positive impression on others lives. Not to mention, I haven't heard a single one that I like in particular.

cool

kill yourself
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
JxD
957 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
No, I'm saying that Anti-Christian/Anti-God music is generally crappy and has no purpose. I have no problem with music not worshipping God, but I have a problem with music degrading and belittling God, as it is almost always gory, has to do with tasteless things, and is pointless.

Ha, that's an interesting statement.

Minor Threat- Filler

What happened to you? you're not the same something in your head made a violent change it's in your head filler you call it religion you're full of **** was she really worth it? she cost you your life you'll never leave her side she's gonna be your wife it's in your head filler you call it romance you're full of **** your brain is clay what's going on? you picked up a bible and now you're gone it's in your head filler you call it religion you're full of **** filler.

Wow, a song degrading religion that has no gore! Amazing, somehow it's also manages to not be tasteless or pointless because they are singing about a topic that is dear to them. Perhaps a crust band will have said "gory" lyrics.

From Ashes Rise- Divine Reich

The illusion of blind faith keeps blind faith alive. No need to mention
the nonbelievers, there's only so much room. But now the rapture is here,
an end to the reign of bastards and saints, Christians and turmoil,
an end to their reign.

Hey, it's also not gory, I feel so special to have found a couple songs that manage to criticize religion intelligently, because allegedly no body is capable of doing that.
fltlll
133 IQ
Has anyone mentioned Crossbearer (formerly the Twilight of Idols)? They're the best atheist hardcore band I've ever heard, and they're INSANELY atheist... All their songs are about it.

Very well written, simply amazing. Big influence on my band too.
IcePh0enix
Banned
1,721 IQ
I know it's kind of off topic but can you guys recommend me some Buddhist hardcore?

Does anybody else listen to music regardless of the band's ideals? I don't care if Underoath is Christian or not, I don't care if Bad Brains is homophobic, I don't dislike black metal because of its lyrical content (I just dislike it in general), I listen to music based on how good the band is.
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
Quote by Garden_Of_Light
The Carrier - No Love Can Save Me.

Eh, wouldn't really consider it all that athiest, I mean I can see why they would be..but at the same time, I get this vibe...Just me though.
nz_matt
What about "Ghost Mutt?"
941 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93

I'm not going to speak for every atheist band or band with atheist members, but the point of many bands is to speak out against the virus, the poison of the mind that is religion.

Now GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.
Quote by lachyray
Okeefe Is Legit
1,415 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93

You're almost as bad as the people who flame christian bands.
Everyone has the right to like whatever music they want, even if it conflicts with your ideas. This isn't 16th century England, ya know

As for me, I find it somewhat difficult to listen to music I don't necessarily agree with, so athiest based music isn't my cup of tea.
SadistNation
1,256 IQ
Quote by fltlll
Has anyone mentioned Crossbearer (formerly the Twilight of Idols)? They're the best atheist hardcore band I've ever heard, and they're INSANELY atheist... All their songs are about it.

Very well written, simply amazing. Big influence on my band too.

haven't heard that band in a long time ha, good listen though, didn't know they were, never payed too much attention.
Garden_Of_Light
355 IQ
Quote by technicolour
Eh, wouldn't really consider it all that athiest, I mean I can see why they would be..but at the same time, I get this vibe...Just me though.

'All that I've worked for and all the friends I've made are just as useless as hoping a God might come save me'

Ok, it's not Atheist in the way Ceremony are, but it's also more intelligent.
+}-136-{+
Registered Text Offender
211 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93

Um... Wow, just wow. This post fails on so many levels.

Dear god. Cranking the retardedness level up a notch eh? Or maybe two, or three, or four...
IcePh0enix
Banned
1,721 IQ
There are way better christian bands then As I Lay Dying.

I think that some Athiest bands can be hateful and degrading which I think is stupid, but I don't mind music that encourages open mindedness and thinking for yourself. It's just like athiests in general, I'm already with them thinking for themselves and believing what they want to, but when they tell me my beliefs are wrong and I'm ignorant that pisses me off.

But once again, I don't listen to bands based on their beliefs, I listen to them if they play good music.