Ok I recently purchased the Fender Hot Rod Deville 410 for around $850. It is a 60 watt, all tube amp with 4 speakers.

My band plays metal. From metalcore, to deathcore, etc. Basically heavy stuff.
Bands such as: Born of Osiris, All that Remains, As I lay Dying, Suicide Silence, The Faceless, Bring me the Horizon, etc.

By the way, my budget maxes out at $850

Anyways,
Ok here's my issue. I went to guitar center, and looked around. I was looking for a Peavey Valve King212 or a randall tube amp but they did not have either one. The guy there recommended that i get the fender hot rod deville 410.

Now I wasnt looking at fender at all, but I played it, and I though it sounded pretty nice, and the gain was pretty good to my ears. But I am new to tube amps, and the only amps I have owned were the fender frontman (first amp) and a marshall mg15 microstack (shut up, i dont care if you hate the mg series). Two solid state amps.

I am just wondering if this amp will be good for what I am looking for, or should i return it and get a different amp? from what i hear online, every place i have heard says that the gain is not very good, and you need a pedal.

I need serious answers, from people who have actually had some experience with tube amps and playing heavy music, and also hopefully with fender amps like this.

Please help, and thank you
You're best bet would be a Bugera 6262 stack
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
You bought a HRD for metal?

Um, i'd return it and get a randall RG50TC
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
You bought a HRD for metal?

Um, i'd return it and get a randall RG50TC

Meh, I think the Bugera's have much better tone
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Guess you're right, but I have a lot more experience with RG50TCs.
I don't want to go recommending something that I've barely played (the bugera).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You could go the pedal route and buy a high-end distortion pedal, and maybe an EQ and a booster to put after and before it.
I've got an EHX LPB-1 going into a BOSS MD-2 before my valveking, and it'll go as high-gain as I could ever want and then some.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by forsaknazrael
no.

Ugh...I hate this assumption a "classic" designed tube amp besides a Marshall can't play metal. Seriously, I push up the tone on my Big Muff, I can get decent metal tones from that thing's little brother, a Blues Junior. Not as good as some other amps, but by all means possible.

Anyway, TS, I'd definitely recommend trying the Valveking, but if you really liked the HRD that much, get the HRD, just bring your bandmates with to get their opinions too to make sure it'll work right.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
Quote by necrosis1193
Ugh...I hate this assumption a "classic" designed tube amp besides a Marshall can't play metal. Seriously, I push up the tone on my Big Muff, I can get decent metal tones from that thing's little brother, a Blues Junior. Not as good as some other amps, but by all means possible.

It's not an assumption, it's a fact.

You may think it sounds good, but it's not something I'd try. It probably sounds barely passable as metal.

Why buy a Fender amp and a pedal for metal? It's stupid. Why not get an amp voiced for metal?

BTW, The Blues Junior isn't the "little brother" of the HRD.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Why buy a Fender amp and a pedal for metal? It's stupid. Why not get an amp voiced for metal?

I agree with fosakn. Get an amp voiced for metal. Fender makes/made a small handful of them. Supersonic, Prosonic, EVH III or even a Super Champ XD for a practice amp. But not really the amp you bought. If it works for you though, great, rock on.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.