Sorry for being the bringer of bad news, but..

If you dont know who Danny Way is, he is a skateboarder famed for his pioneering of the Mega-Ramp and has also completed jumps across the Great Wall Of China and Dropped off the Guitar At the Hard Rock Cafe.

For anyone who knows of the legend that is Danny Way, he has injured himself quite badly during a practice session for a mega ramp contest. The fall left him with a broken vertebrae, he is recovering but doctors say Way will be sidelined for up to 6 months—which could be anywhere from 3-4 months in Danny Way time.

I wish him well and was just wondering if any UG'ers were a fan.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkmMoymvXnA

[EDIT:] Just to show how tough Way is, he had this bail a few months back and still managed to go and win a silver medal at the same event wow!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCW_UpkReNs&feature=related

No doubt he will be back on the board soon enough.
Quote by Trefellin

I wish I could do a handstand while peeing.

Quote by jordanzio
and i biked all the way home with a dump in my pants.
Last edited by morty92_2 at Dec 1, 2008,
noooooooooooooo hes so bad ass
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
fakin nutter - I remember him from the first h-street vid
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by cuthbertg
fakin nutter - I remember him from the first h-street vid

oh man they were quality, have you seen the alleged 900 he landed years before tony?
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by jordanzio
Owwww goddamn that would hurt so bad.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
**** dude, he takes that like a champ, any normal person who breaks their back would be in tears this dude just kinda swears at an EMT and grimaces a little
Quote by t_heff
10 points to anyone who can come up with a good way to mock jesus
Quote by morty92_2
oh man they were quality, have you seen the alleged 900 he landed years before tony?

Yeah, that was the second one I think, with the kick ass hensley segment. doesn't he (hensley) do a huge manual roll, ollie one of those picnic benches and then keeps the roll going for another half an hour?

Way blantanly must have slammed trying to land that 900 tho, they cut the slo mo just before he gets straight again. Bloody close tho, and everybody was floored at the time that he could get that far. It was considered impossible.

Talented kid, I mean bloke.

EDIT - I havent seen those vids since they came out - still remember them.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by cuthbertg

EDIT - I havent seen those vids since they came out - still remember them.

There pretty easy to find on the internet, ahh and how they bring back memories.
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by jordanzio
He's a beast so he'll probably be back on his feet in no time. That would suck though
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
i don't follow skateboarding that much anymore, but Danny Way always seemed pretty badass. at least he will recover. it could have been worse.
Quote by morty92_2
There pretty easy to find on the internet, ahh and how they bring back memories.

LOL - I know, I've been on youtube since last post!

Aye, big steep tails, no noses, concave that you could bath in - they were mens boards all right

My mate sent me a montage of Mike Valelly beating people up a year or so back - hilarious, he used to be such a hippy!

I met Ron Allen once - he told me this joke:
If your amreican in the living room, canadian in the kitchen, what are you in the bathroom (lav)?

Europe'in
Last edited by cuthbertg at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by cuthbertg

Aye, big steep tails, no noses, concave that you could bath in - they were mens boards all right
!

Ah yes, the mastercraft that is the 'Fishboard'. its a small wonder at how anybody ever did street tricks on those things. God knows i couldn't.
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by jordanzio
Quote by morty92_2
Ah yes, the mastercraft that is the 'Fishboard'. its a small wonder at how anybody ever did street tricks on those things. God knows i couldn't.

LMFAO - YEAH - fakin fish tails - you could only ollie in a straight line after ten years practise
Quote by cuthbertg
LMFAO - YEAH - fakin fish tails - you could only ollie in a straight line after ten years practise

ugh no...NOOO you have brought back memories of the dreaded 90° ollie!
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by jordanzio
Quote by morty92_2
ugh no...NOOO you have brought back memories of the dreaded 90° ollie!

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

all that effort, only to stop dead in your tracks, god that used to be painful

Edit: what was your first deck then? mine was a powell lance mountain - big an heavy as hell.
Last edited by cuthbertg at Dec 1, 2008,
Lucky guy.
Glad he didn't come out as bad as Stephen Murray did.
Damn that's a shame. I've always been quite the fan of his. That mega-ramp is insane, I guess a serious injury was just waiting to happen though.
Quote by Ed Hunter
I took out a fly with my jet of piss once. I felt like God!

“This is ridiculous; my job is to sit here and do this bloo-loo-loo-loo, bloo-loo-loo-loo” - Paul Gilbert on sweep picking.
Dannngg... hopefully the reports are true about his recovery-- he has had more than his fair share of injuries over the years between skating and surfing...
Quote by cuthbertg

Edit: what was your first deck then? mine was a powell lance mountain - big an heavy as hell.

ah man your lucky those lance mountain decks are solid gold! My first deck was this cheap ass piece of crap that i bought from a market in Blackpool whilst on holiday there, it had no brand on it so i have no idea what make it was but the graphics were some major cheesy typical skater dude skelton. Got some good times off it though : ) Sadly though i snapped it while skating it a few years back in the snow for some stupid reason. (and coincidentally its snowing now!)
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by jordanzio
I met him once =[
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The hell? He's broken his back AGAIN?

I think this is a first, he's done his neck before though, dropping in from a helicopter I believe
Quote by JackalUK
I think this is a first, he's done his neck before though, dropping in from a helicopter I believe

he was trying to cave man in
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by JackalUK

I'm pretty sure I remember watching a Danny Way bio saying he's done his back in a while agothat took him 6 months or so to recover from.
Quote by morty92_2
ah man your lucky those lance mountain decks are solid gold! My first deck was this cheap ass piece of crap that i bought from a market in Blackpool whilst on holiday there, it had no brand on it so i have no idea what make it was but the graphics were some major cheesy typical skater dude skelton. Got some good times off it though : ) Sadly though i snapped it while skating it a few years back in the snow for some stupid reason. (and coincidentally its snowing now!)

I feel your pain - my first skateboard was one of those suckers with the big rock hard plastic wheels and a skeleton on it from Blackbushe Market, near Farnborough. I suffered with that bad boy for about a year

Snowing eh? hasn't made it south yet - I hope it does later, take the car out for a spin
Quote by cuthbertg

Snowing eh? hasn't made it south yet - I hope it does later, take the car out for a spin

ugh well nevermind its gone back to rain again, ha are you serious about taking the car out in snow! i think i would literally be taking it out for a 'spin'
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by jordanzio
If he had just landed a few feet further he could have walked away without a scratch. But yeah he's bound to get hurt once in a while with the crazy **** he does.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by morty92_2

oh yeah and i just remembered that that deck had a brake on the back for added raddness! but it proved itself useless one day during a hill bomb : S
Quote by Trefellin

Quote by jordanzio
Danny Way is tougher than diamonds, but a spine injury could easily ruin his career. I used to skate all the time, but after having spine surgery to correct my kyphosis, I can't even jump down the last step when I'm walking down the stairs without wincing. I can't bend either.

But Danny Way is basically Wolverine, he heals so fast. I really hope he comes back just fine, but realistically, it will be next to impossible.