For a long time ive been wanting a tube amp for home practicing, please lead me in the right direction

show me whats the best tube amp for 400$
*sigh*
what kind of music do you play?
do you need cleans?
will you be jamming with another guitarist/drummer?
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
i play mostly rock, like classic rock, for jammin with bands i have a 100watt amp, now im looking for a practice tube amp with a nice sound for rock not for metal.
The best tube amp for $400 would have to be the Peavey Valve King 112. Great value, and great sound. Of course, it is a 100 watt amp. Maybe go for the Blackhart 5 watt if you want a practice amp
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
haha i cant barrely turn on my 100watt without annoying nabour i sertenly need a practice tube amp! :p
Quote by stigmeister2win
i play mostly rock, like classic rock, for jammin with bands i have a 100watt amp, now im looking for a practice tube amp with a nice sound for rock not for metal.

what is this 100 watt amp? you can completely replace it with a 15-30 watt tube amp and still practice in your room

Quote by Shirate
The best tube amp for $400 would have to be the Peavey Valve King 112. Great value, and great sound. Of course, it is a 100 watt amp. Maybe go for the Blackhart 5 watt if you want a practice amp

the 112 is 50 watts. and id recommend you a classic 30.
Quote by Shirate

The Valveking 112 is not a 100w amp, it's 50w
its a fender frontman 212r, that was wot i was planning to do, to buy a tube amp instead with like all from 5 to 30 watt
Quote by stigmeister2win
its a fender frontman 212r, that was wot i was planning to do, to buy a tube amp instead with like all from 5 to 30 watt

what? i dont quite understand what you just said.
get rid of that amp once you buy something else.
okay :p just to make things clear i have a 100watt fender 212r that im using for band practice.
Now i want to buy a tube amp for practice, so i dont wake up the nabours and thats why i need one with like 5 watt, or 15w.
Last edited by stigmeister2win at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by stigmeister2win
okay :p just to make things clear i have a 100watt fender 212r that im using for band practice.
Now i want to buy a tube amp for practice, so i dont wake up the nabours and thats why i need one with like 5 watt, or 15w.

youre probably better off getting a 15-30 watt tube amp. you can use that for band practice and it will probbly sound better overall at lower volumes too. if you strictly want an amp that you can play in your bedroom, you should get a solid state/modeling amp (peavey vypyr). youll get quiet volumes and versatility. but i say completely replace your fender and get a 15-30 watt amp to practice in your band and at home.
go to a shop and try stuff out.
classic 30, palominos (dont know if they still have them), maybe a valveking (youll probably like the classic 30 more than the VK).
Depending on where you live, there are plenty of good 15-30 watt tube amps for $400. Classic 30, Blues Jr, Laney VC or LC series. Go try them and then search used.
Quote by stigmeister2win

That's a bit backwards. Use your Fender for home practice, turn down the volume knob. It's a solid state amp, it doesn't need to be cranked, nor is it that loud.

Buy a new amp for band practice - a tube one.

I say this because 5W tube is still very loud.