Hey guys, I'm new here. First off I'd like to say that this forum is incredibly informative.

Secondly, I have a question. I've been looking at taking my ampeg vt-22 into a shop, I've never had to buy speakers before so I'm quite inexperienced with them. what would be some good speakers to put in an amp like this? any other suggestions for what I should do with my amp? thanks!

-Brock
I think you're our first December 08'er to show up in GG&A. Welcome!

What's your budget for a new speaker, what's the speaker size, what tones do you want, which country are you in?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I think you're our first December 08'er to show up in GG&A. Welcome!

What's your budget for a new speaker, what's the speaker size, what tones do you want, which country are you in?

Good questions, my budget all depends on what you guys suggest. I can save up some extra money in time but nothing really expensive. the speaker size is 12". I want some pretty thick tones, pretty raw. I want the clean to sound really nice, but something to work great with pedals. but again I don't know if that depends on the speaker or not, it's my first time looking into speakers. it's a single channel amp though and the country I'm in is America.
try warehouse speakers if you're looking to save some money
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.