Hey guys, i was wondering, what is the point of pre and post effects on an effect chain? how do you setup up post effects?
The only thing I can think you are refering to is pre preamp, and post preamp.

If you put effects pedals before your amps input those are pre (before) the preamp.
If you put them through the amps effects loop they are post(after) the preamp.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Well, they aren't after the amp, just the preamp. It just bypasses the preamp and some pedals sound better run this way instead of in front of the input. All gain pedals and wahs should be infront of the amp, while delays and reverbs typically sound better through the loop.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
It just bypasses the preamp\

it doesnt bypass the preamp at all, you still get tone from it
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Putting pedals in the effects loop (post or after pre-amplification) is similar to putting effects pedals after the distortion pedal in your effects chain. It means the effects pedal affects the signal after it's been amplified and distorted by the pre-amp.
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.