I alternate pick it after the intro. But the intro effect is a delay thing I think.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
I'm actually currently learning this song.

The intro uses delay.
Thomas Erak uses Boss delay pedals on the recording
but live he uses a Line 6 DL4.

The intro is palm muted and then the main riff is played the same way without delay and it isn't palm muted and it is picked like this.
down down down
down down down up up
down down down
down down down up up

then repeat.
Quote by mikemangone
I'm actually currently learning this song.

The intro uses delay.
Thomas Erak uses Boss delay pedals on the recording
but live he uses a Line 6 DL4.

The intro is palm muted and then the main riff is played the same way without delay and it isn't palm muted and it is picked like this.
down down down
down down down up up
down down down
down down down up up

then repeat.

So that's like sweeping, right or do I actually pick each note like that?
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
So that's like sweeping, right or do I actually pick each note like that?

pick them!
i think a sweep would be way to fast for the tempo
Quote by pebbles123
pick them!
i think a sweep would be way to fast for the tempo

A sweep isn't dictated by speed, it's just a physical motion and nothing more.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You can do it whichever way.
Thomas Erak as well as most people who I have seen play it pick the strings individually.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
A sweep isn't dictated by speed, it's just a physical motion and nothing more.

yup ur right, but most people do them fast trying to be steve vai xD
and have a hard time doing it to a certain tempo( cous they dont practice with a metronome)
so the best advice would be to pick it?
(and thomas erak plays it like this, don't it feel better to do it just like him?) xD
Quote by pebbles123
yup ur right, but most people do them fast trying to be steve vai xD
and have a hard time doing it to a certain tempo( cous they dont practice with a metronome)
so the best advice would be to pick it?
(and thomas erak plays it like this, don't it feel better to do it just like him?) xD

The best advice would be to think about it, try playing it slowly and see which picking method is easiest for you then practice that. As long as you practice it well you can play it however you like and chances are it'll work.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The best advice would be to think about it, try playing it slowly and see which picking method is easiest for you then practice that. As long as you practice it well you can play it however you like and chances are it'll work.
+1