I have an Engl screamer 50 combo amp, and i want a cab for it.
Thinking about making myselfe a 2x12 closed cab with evm-12l speakers (that is, getting a friend of mine to make it)
anyone have any first hand experience with these speakers? i'm reading a lot of good stuff about them.
They will be used for metal mostly.
and is it possible to make the cab so i can use the speaker in the engl And the 2x12 cab?
i have a friend who loaded 4 of them in an old Sunn 412LH cab. played bass through it with an Ampeg SVT. LOUD! (and that was one heavy friggin cab)

sounded great at first, then progressively developed buzzing. finally became unusable the vibrations delaminated the plywood in the enclosure.

great speakers, high effeciency, capable of tons of power. but quite expensive.

i have no idea what impedance selections are available on the Engl or the impedance of the internal speaker.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
i have a friend who loaded 4 of them in an old Sunn 412LH cab. played bass through it with an Ampeg SVT. LOUD! (and that was one heavy friggin cab)

sounded great at first, then progressively developed buzzing. finally became unusable the vibrations delaminated the plywood in the enclosure.

great speakers, high effeciency, capable of tons of power. but quite expensive.

i have no idea what impedance selections are available on the Engl or the impedance of the internal speaker.

Were those speakers MADE to handle bass? O.o I thought they were just guitar speakers. That may be why they turned to crap and fell apart.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I'll let you know in a few weeks. I am loading a marshall 800 cab with the new version of the ev12l (evm12 classics) and another one with evm12l zakkwylde speakers. as soon as they are loaded and broken in a little I'll let you know via pm. cheers!