My Acoustic guitar's got neck buzz that's most apparent when you play low E open and theres some on A as well.

I've taken it to the shop to get the neck straightened out but it starts buzzing again after a few weeks.

The dude at the shop says I need thicker strings (I use 10's) and a higher action, but I like my guitar the way it sounds now.

Can I fix it myself? Is there anything you would recommend for my probs?

Cheers.
Thicker strings will definitely help and won't actually affect your tone too drastically. The only thing you should worry about if you do switch is whether you'll like the feel of the extra tension. What tuning is it set to?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
if anything thicker strings will improve your tone, most guitars have a higher output with thicker strings and it gives a little brighter tone
Quote by evening_crow
Thicker strings will definitely help and won't actually affect your tone too drastically. The only thing you should worry about if you do switch is whether you'll like the feel of the extra tension. What tuning is it set to?

Problem with thick strings are that I get a very bassy sound that I'm not happy with.
10's play out of tune really easily. I would definitely suggest at least 11's. There's nothing else you can do unless you buy a brand new saddle.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.