They are $40 (distortion pedals). Should I get one? I currently have a Squier by Fender SP-10 amp. Or do you guys have a different distortion/overdrive pedal that I can get for around 40 or 50 AUD.

EDIT: There is also a Behringer Tube Overdrive TO100 for $40. Is that any better?
I had a Behringer Overdrive/Distortion pedal... it was alright for a while, it sounded okay after fiddling with the settings... then it shat itself.

I'd save up and get either a new amp, or a better pedal if you're hellbent on a pedal.
DEFINITELY get a better amp first, I have one of them and it's ****, any pedal will sound crap if it goes through that! What guitar do you have? I was going to get the tube overdrive, but now I'm getting the Boss SD-1 Super drive, which IMO is better and is only £10 more than the Behringer. The SD-1 seems way better for boosting distortion too, it has a really powerful volume boost. So yeah, I'd go for the Boss if I were you. The Boss is probably less likely to have problems too.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
I won't be getting an amp for a loooooooooooooooooooooong time so i figured I would get a pedal or 2.

Does anyone have ideas on what pedal to get? I'm currently checking some stores near my house online to see if I can get a better deal. Does anyone have a recommendation?
Well, I'm about to get my first stompbox pedals too and I'm starting with the Boss DS-1 and SD-1 and the behringer Ultra Feedback/Distortion (look it up on youtube and you'll see how cool it is) which is a reproduction of a boss that was discontinued.

EDIT: When you do get a new amp get the Vox AD15VT or AD30VT, they're awesome
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Just about everything behringer makes is junk. Its cheap thats why people still buy it. The amp isnt great so it may or may not sound better with a pedal versus its on board distortion. If all you want is a dirt box then spend a few more bucks for a decent one you can use for a while. If your handy at all you could buy a kit online for a good pedal and put it together.
Get a Roland Cube first
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by Toker420
If i owned anything by Squier i certainly wouldn't tell anyone.

squier isn't the worst thing in the world. With a little work and TLC they can be great guitars.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120