After hearing The Faceless's newest release, I had to check the guitarist out. After listening to a few of their tracks, I really like the tone the guitarist has; it's nice and smooth yet still punchy and distorted.

I was wondering if any of you knew what he uses to record?
Washburn guitars. That's about all I know. Watch some live vids and try and spot his equipment, the metal-injection vids are pretty decent quality.
OR
Ask here
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492565&highlight=the+faceless
I didn't know you could get that kind of tone out of a Washburn i always thought they were similar to (insert guitar brand at Walmart or Target)
Quote by element4433
That happened to me once. Then I got in my flying car, flew home and made love to my wife, Scarlett Johansen.

Quote by RobertiusB
I've seen Lil' Wayne do some pretty technical solos tbh.
Quote by Born2Shred
I didn't know you could get that kind of tone out of a Washburn i always thought they were similar to (insert guitar brand at Walmart or Target)

Ian Scott of Anthrax and Nuno Bettencourt of Extreme both use Washburns and have killer tones.

They are very nice guitars.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Born2Shred

It's got active pickups.
It could be made of plywood and chipboard and would still sound awesome.