I need a delay pedal. What are the odds, do you think if i wrote a really nice letter to Boss or any other pedal manufacturer, and asked if i could have one for free, that i would actually get one?

BTW, the pedal doesnt need to be brand new, or the latest model, so long as it works.

Has anyone else tried anyything like this?
You are a retard for even thinking that would work.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
It would work if you tell them you bought something else off them and it malfunctioned and youre gonna sue.
Quote by nebiru
You are a hopeful optimistic man for even thinking that would work.

fixed.

why not give it a shot? it's not like they are gonna hunt you down and kill your family for desecrating their name or anything
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
I did that once and got a letter and a pick.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Quote by Martindecorum
get a job

I have a job. Except college is an expensive habit. Granted i could save and have one by maybe the end of january. But why not see if i can get it for free first?
Of course, if you just ask them nicely, giant corporations will surely give you whatever you want for absolutely nothing. It's how they stay in business, duh...
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Quote by jimmy_neutron
I have a job. Except college is an expensive habit. Granted i could save and have one by maybe the end of january. But why not see if i can get it for free first?

yeah im a prick lol. . . but basically put an extra 10$ away in a safe per week, 20 weeks 200$ pedal in hand

or $20 a week 10 weeks later pedal in hand

its just the way life is these days lol
I'm pretty sure that if they gave you one for free the entire capitalist system would crumble around us and all would descend into discord and malign, twisting darkness.

However, they'll probably just say no. And by "say no" I mean "not bother to respond in anyway"

Couldn't really hurt to try, though. (except for all that malign darkness stuff, but w/e, worth it imo)
Last edited by troubletcat at Dec 1, 2008,
i think i might write the letter tonight. How should i go about it. Should i handwrite it legibly to add personalism, or type for ease of reading?

and to whom should i address it?
To whom it may concern

i am a young and up and coming musician, sadly funds in my household is very limited
and i have been trying desperatly to get a hold of (pedal) etc etc etc

obviously add more

yours sincerly
(name)
say you're a famous guitarist in your town and would like to endorse one of their pedals.

it worked for a friend of mine and yamaha, they now endorse him. but hes actually a studio bassist and a beast at that.
I imagine you'll get a reply something like "Dear Jimmy, thank you for expressing an interest in our products. Enclosed is a Boss catalogue to help you decide which delay pedal to save for."
Quote by jimmy_neutron
i think i might write the letter tonight. How should i go about it. Should i handwrite it legibly to add personalism, or type for ease of reading?

Write it like you're retarded. Use backwards letters numbers etc and surely you will get something
It could work.

BEcause it's so obvious to not do it, they might actually believe you (reverse psychology)

I once sent a letter to kelogg's that I had **** old cornflakes, and that it made me sick. And they gave me 12 boxes for free + a note we're sorry that this incident occured, our products are of the highest quality (more bla bla cover up) pls accept these;

Rather loose 80 bucks then bad rep.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
To whom it may concern

I am a vietnam veteran, who was held captive for nearly 5 years, I cannot describe the horrors which I witnessed there. Nobody will know the torture of listening to your cellmate singing "the ballad of the green beret" all day, everyday for 5 long years...did I mention I lost my leg too?

On my return home I discovered my wife had been cheating on me with the guy who had been my best friend. I was left to fend for myself and my 8 children for these past years, the only way I knew how...shredding, unfortunately my house set on fire a month ago and I lost all my equipment along with my other leg.

So con I haz A dEluy peddul plz. K thanx bi lolololo

Thanking you in advance

Captain Shred
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
hehe, free stuff from guitar/computer companies - my favourite hobby.

it can be done - last month I managed a set of tuners, two bridges and a 19" IBM monitor

all depends on your angle of attack - you're nearly there - just remember that boss pedals don't go direct from factory to shop there is a middle man who is trying to sell as much of this stuff as possible. Be nice and polite and compliment - remember - You catch more flies with honey

EDIT: obviously don't actually try to rip them off etc you have to be honest. I'm not condoning ripping companies off for free stuff.

Strings is a good one

Enjoy
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Last edited by cuthbertg at Dec 1, 2008,
Dear Boss Corporation,

I am an idealistic and penniless college student who just wants to rock out (albeit in a real mellow, U2-esque fashion). I was wondering if you could find it in your collective hearts to perhaps send to me a fairly expensive piece of equipment for no apparent reason other than a) I clearly deserve it and b) you're all a bunch of great guys/girls.

Yours truly,
Naïve Guitarist Dude.

Worth a shot I guess.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
I need a delay pedal. What are the odds, do you think if i wrote a really nice letter to Boss or any other pedal manufacturer, and asked if i could have one for free, that i would actually get one?

BTW, the pedal doesnt need to be brand new, or the latest model, so long as it works.

Has anyone else tried anyything like this?

If they have records of you buying a lot of their gear im sure they would send you something however you are just trying to rip them off at this point so dont even try it.

Getting into video reviews early on would have gotten you free gear but if you look around you will find most stores are allowing customers to put in video reviews for small amounts of money now...
Say that you have a terminal Disease and all you want is to play with a boss delay petal because you only have a few months to live...

Sympathy vote FTW
GO FOR IT!!

Best case scenario : You get a new, awesome Boss DDsomething

Worst case scenario : They send you a rusty disease ridden nail that gives you super AIDS the second you touch it, and you die a horrible, penetrating, slow death with tears in your eyes and anguish in your heart.

Totally worth the attempt i think.
tell them you are jason becker!
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
The Christmas's coming. Why don't you be a lil patient and jump on Santa Claus?
Quote by jimmy_neutron

If I were you, I would use crayons, but make sure that they're new and sharp as to get a good impression. Legible handwriting is uneccessary, guitarists are idiots anyways. And address it to BOSS Inc., and your signature needs to read, Love, [insert name].

I think that covers it.