So...

I bought a new strap today (because my old one went with my old guitar), I'm trying to stick the locks on (Schaller btw) but the hole in the strap is much too tight for the locks to fit through.

I never had any trouble with fitting them last time (same type of strap, same locks). Is it just a case that the strap needs a little breaking in, as it were?
You know you're supposed to screw it on right

>_>

no but really I guess you just need to work it out a little. What kind of strap?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
can you take the screw out of the guitar fed it thru the strap the other way?>

just be careful, sometimes removing the screw, leaves a bigger hole in the guitar and a toothpick needs to be added at the string's return.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yes, I know it needs screwing on, I haven't got that far yet though because I can't get the strap over the lock far enough to get the nut on...

The strap will go over the tip of the lock, but won't go down over the thread.

And, as I haven't got a guitar at the minute (gonna order it in the next couple of days), I can't stretch the hole by putting it over the buttons on the guitar.

Not sure if that pic is of any use, but that's what the problem is.
I had the same problem, ended up hacking a bigger whole in the strap. Not very graceful
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
Quote by eurotrashed
Schaller strap locks come apart. Unscrew the nut and assemble it on the strap

Yes... I know. That isn't the problem.

The problem is that the hole in the strap is too tight to go over the lock. I was looking for advice on how I might get the strap to go over the lock, i.e ways to make the hole in the strap big enough to get over the lock.
oh this is mad easy to fix.

Get an electric screw gun and have a buddy spin it up on full speed, have it with any philips screw head.

Then just slowly lower the hole over the spinning bit of doom and you can slowly burn/scratch off and make the hole bigger in a way that burns the hole. Doing this allows the threads in the strap to seal.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
oh this is mad easy to fix.

Get an electric screw gun and have a buddy spin it up on full speed, have it with any philips screw head.

Then just slowly lower the hole over the spinning bit of doom and you can slowly burn/scratch off and make the hole bigger in a way that burns the hole. Doing this allows the threads in the strap to seal.

I may attempt this.

If it goes wrong, you owe me £10.99, for a new strap
nadda, no responsibility lol.

You could also use a hot nail that you heat up with a gas stoves top burner and hold it with a pair of plyers.

Just make sure in that case to leave the water running next to you in the sink so you can stop any flame you get even if its just by accident.

Just make sure to hold it REALLY effing tight if you do the screw method.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I've sorted it now - I just kept twisting it around until it made the hole a bit bigger. Then I had a bit of trouble getting the nut on (strap was too thich that no thread was showing), but again, a bit of persistence in squeezing down with the nut and it's done.