Alright, so when i'm playing my guitar, if my hand slightly touches any of the control knobs, the sound gets cut ...

And when I play standing, the wire needs to be moved around a bit to actually get sound out

What's wrong?
Guitar Accesories Fund: €300

My Gear:
Copy of Fender Strat
15W gear4music amplifier
Boss ME-50 Pedal
If by sound, you mean that static noise. I think it needs to be grounded or something. (The wiring)

And the 2nd thing sounds like a loose input jack or a bad input jack in general.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
1st = bad wiring on knobs

2nd = i've had that a few times, happens usually with cheap ass guitar cables, try getting a better, probably a bit more expensive, cable. if that still doesn't work then the jack on the guitar may need to be replaced.

hope this helped
1. Ground it properly

2. Bad cable

3. Bad jack on the guitar

4. Possibly could even be that the control knobs are badly wired but thats the most unlikely of them all.

Most likely its the ground, the jack and the cable.
and if the knobs are badly wired, how do I fix that?
Guitar Accesories Fund: €300

My Gear:
Copy of Fender Strat
15W gear4music amplifier
Boss ME-50 Pedal
^you'll need to get a wiring diagram, check it's all ok and re-solder it all.

it's worth checking if your pots just need a clean first though - do the control knobs make a noise when you are turning them that you hear through the amp?

If so, get some contact cleaner and spray a bit into the pot through the big hole near the pot terminals, then give the knob 20 or so full turns.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald