I seem to play worse when I stand up. This is due to a combination of not being able to see the frets and positioning the guitar differently. I guess the only way to play better is to play standing more? But its so much more comfortable sitting.

Anyone have the same problem? Any suggestions?
We all went throught that

All it takes is practice, just practice playing while standing up, and in no time you will wonder why it was even a problem. This goes with anything when dealing with guitar, if you are willing to practice you can do anything you want, the only factor is time and effort
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
practice, practice, practice.....! Switch between standing up and sitting down when you play and sooner or later you'll pull things of just as perfect standing as sitting!

And when you can handle the guitar while standing you can throw in a bit of headbanging!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
I am the opposite I can't play well sitting. You have to find a position you feel comfotable with I tend to have my guitar very low while some of my friends have the strap set very short and the guitar pretty much on their chest but it works for them. I rarely look at the fret board while playing if I do I just check the fret markers on the side of the neck just to get an idea of position. Basically you have to keep playing while standing as much as possible sooner or later you'll pick it up.

John
Really I've found the only way is to just practice standing up. Try practicing in front of a mirror- it will help if you need to look and see where your positioning should be. You don't have to play standing up on stage either, I just think it looks better and is easier when you need to use your pedals!
How do you guys angle your guitar from the horizontal? For example, Slash sometimes hits about a 70-80 degree angle because he has his strap so low. Tom Morello on the other hand, pretty much keeps his guitar horizontal. Is it just whatever's comfortable or is one more efficient than the other? I know classical guitarists try to keep a 45 degree angle because its more ergonomic and they need to finger pick. When I try this however, I get a muffled sound because my pick is hitting the string at too much of an angle...
I play better standing than sitting, always have!

Maybe if you play with your strap up higher (make it so that your guitar is in the same position as if you where sitting.) This works for some people. It's a good place to start with to help getting used to playing while standing.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
try adjusting your strap so the guitar is in the same spot in front as if you were seated, your guitar will sit higher up but it should make it more easy for you to play i cant see how guys like slash can play so well with guitar below his nuts ! hope this helps.
Practice, and find the perfect height for your guitar. I wear mine pretty high, adam d does too, that just makes it instantly cool.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Really I've found the only way is to just practice standing up. Try practicing in front of a mirror- it will help if you need to look and see where your positioning should be. You don't have to play standing up on stage either, I just think it looks better and is easier when you need to use your pedals!

totally, you dont even need to be standing up onstage.
like, with my band, when we play harder hitting stuff, i'm running wild, jumping around onstage and ****. but when we do slower stuff, like say, simple man, i sit down, and just nod my head to the groove
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I honestly think it depends on what your playing. If your playing metal with simple hords and stuff stand. But blues and jazz i usually sit down. XD
i started playing standing up so sitting is actually harder for me just do it a lot
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H