Hey UG'ers I was looking at these amp cus my brothers amp finaly broke down. so Im looking to buy him a small tube amp that he could use in his bedroom. He mainly plays blues, classic rock, & hard rock

so far Ive been looking at these amp

Blackheart little gaint 5w
Blackheart handsome devil 15w

I think the the handsome devil might be more suited to him. It would help me alot if you guys could share some info like each amp's pro's & con's & if there any any other amps i should look at?

thanks
Do you play? Because I would suggest trying amps out at a local music place. The first amp I ever got was a Fender practice amp- I keep it in my bedroom now to use w/headphones and it works fine for me. The roland cubes are good for practicing too.
Blackhearts are pretty decent. I prefer orange tiny terrors though.

Your best bet would be to try it out though.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Do you play? Because I would suggest trying amps out at a local music place. The first amp I ever got was a Fender practice amp- I keep it in my bedroom now to use w/headphones and it works fine for me. The roland cubes are good for practicing too.

yea Ive been playing guitar for more then a few years. most of the shops that i go to dont carry them or dont have them in stock
I have a Little Giant, but I wish I had gotten the Handsome Devil, mainly because of the master volume. The extra wattage isn't important. The 5 watt LG is loud as hell. 15 watts would also be loud as hell, but with the master vol you can play quieter and still get a nice over driven sound. It's not really going to do a metal kind of sound without a distortion pedal. The cleans are really nice on my LG - sounds great with my strat. I definitely think either is worth the money, but the HD is more versatile.
Quote by GoDrex
I have a Little Giant, but I wish I had gotten the Handsome Devil, mainly because of the master volume. The extra wattage isn't important. The 5 watt LG is loud as hell. 15 watts would also be loud as hell, but with the master vol you can play quieter and still get a nice over driven sound. It's not really going to do a metal kind of sound without a distortion pedal. The cleans are really nice on my LG - sounds great with my strat. I definitely think either is worth the money, but the HD is more versatile.

kool kool, its ok my bro doesnt play metal
The LG is a very decent amp, but unless he's going to use a distortion pedal of some kind, the only thing he'll get at bedroom levels is a clean sound.
This is your lucky day. The Little Giant 1x12 combo is on sale for $200 at zzsounds.com
Quote by fly135
This is your lucky day. The Little Giant 1x12 combo is on sale for $200 at zzsounds.com

Wow, I may have to get this now.
TS, I was looking at the new Blackstar ht-5, it looks pretty sick too.
Yeah, nobody carries any Blackheart here either. I ordered the HD and a 112 cab Friday. I play the same thing your bro does. I hope it sounds good.

You can find a couple of clips on youtube but that's about it, really pretty new
Last edited by Sin City Sid at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by Sin City Sid
Yeah, nobody carries any Blackheart here either. I ordered the HD and a 112 cab Friday. I play the same thing your bro does. I hope it sounds good.

You can find a couple of clips on youtube but that's about it, really pretty new

in your opinion how does it handle ZZ Top,
^^Couldn't tell you. Not one around to play. I took a chance, it should be here on Friday.
i'm sure it'll handle ZZ Top fine, i haven't played any on mine yet tbh though...lol...i mean, you're gonna need an OD pedal to get crunch/OD at lower volumes, but it'll hit any vintage marshall tone really close.

i have some clips on my profile of just messing around. save one SS amp demo and one Blackheart demo AFTER my tube change, they're all stock blackheart little giant, Bad Monkey OD and Epi G-400 with Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz.

since then i've upgraded to my current OD and nice quality tubes, so the tone is even better.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
i would choose the tt over the handsome devil. but id be mroe then satisfied with a handsome devil

loud enough to play with a drummer and great sounds at bedroom volumes
plus the eq and master volume on the handsome devil are great features to havce

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

They're good amps, but if you want to get all you can out of them, swap out their tubes.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ok kool, I gonna order one for my brother tomorrow. Thanks for helping me out everyone.
Whoa, seriously? Thanks for the heads up about the sale.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Well, if they aren't around your area, I suggest looking on YouTube for sound clips and reviews. Usually a pretty good start. And, maybe check out their website for clips and info. From what I have heard, they're very very nice sounding... perfect for blues, rock and the like.

I wanted one of these suckers as well, and not one store in my area could get them. In fact, Steve's Music (in Toronto) told me they'd never even heard of such an amp!
^hate when that happens the guitar store near the beach we go to doesn't even carry ernie ball strings
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS