Page 1 of 2
SECOND ROUND WRITINGS DUE BY DEC. 9TH

Alright, I guess we could do this thang then.

Basically, the premise is that I will take a piece of POETRY or LYRICS (no prose) that you have written and match it up with a lyricist or possibly poet that I consider to be a professional.

I will do my best to ensure the rounds will get progressively harder, but due to differing opinions (basically, your incorrect ones) this may not be the case.

In the early rounds, it'll most likely be multiple selection polls with an even number of UGers and professionals, as to not completely clutter up the forum with one v. ones. As you get eliminated, to my discretion, I'll try to move toward smaller and smaller polls.

The top one half of each poll will move on. Assume round one features UGerA, UGerB, WriterC, and WriterD.
Voting ends, and the results look like:
WriterC - 12 votes
UGerB - 8 votes
UGerA - 7 votes
WriterD - 2 votes

WriterC will not advance as the next round will be themed differently, but because UGerA wasn't in the top half of the poll, UGerA would be eliminated.

It'll follow in this fashion until either one or no UGers remain.

Points will be awarded in the +4,+3,+2 bracket. If multiple people go out at the same time (such as 3 people exiting in round 3, leaving only two remaining) -- the highest vote getter, by percentage, in their thread will be awarded the points. If they have the same vote percentage then I'll make a run-off for those points.

I'm not going to participate for now to make sure I don't cheat.

SIGNUP
#1. synth (haha get it)
2. seventh angel*
3. zach*
4. bleed away*
5. matchoo*
6. bassbeat*
7. rushforlyfe*
8. digupherbones*
9. ch8
10. bluesybilly*
11. goodgravy13*
12. billyjson*

RULES
Must be a poem or lyrics.

DUE DATES
Send in a poem ASAP. I'm not requiring you to write something new so I don't see a legitimate reason for you to procrastinate here. Due Date will be two days after signups are done.

PROFESSIONALS
Round One: Amurican Country-Western Singer/Songwriters
Results:
Group I-A: While BleedAway successfully matched wits with Toby Keith (Dreamwalkin') and Johnny Cash (Man In Black), BluesyBilly and his poem Columbine weren't so lucky -- someone install a metal detector on this thread please. I'm worried.

Group I-B: DigUpHerBones and Tim McGraw (Just To See You Smile) stomped out the competition, including superstar country group Sugarland (Already Gone) and Candian Bohemian Rush4Life, proving once again who the superior Country really is... USA USA USA*.

* as "Great" Britain has been owned by america several times in conflict, they're automatically disqualified from the Greatest Country contest.

Group I-C: Initial poll results have proven inconclusive, though Craig Morgan (Love Remembers) has been eliminated. Join AnusCross and the non-Mod duo in the recount thread that shall be posted shortly.

Group I-D: In an absolute massacre, Kenny Chesney (Anything But Mine) and Josh Turner (Would You Go With Me?) combined forces to stomp out lightweights SeventhAngel and BillyJson. This writer would like to speculate that maybe if the challengers would've left bed or actually gotten drunk they would've been popular enough to avoid this fate -- losers.

Group I-E: Not much of a competition, CircularParade uses his ex-mod powers to survive alongside George Strait (Amarillo By Morning). Though, woman Tammy Wynette (Stand By Your Man) attempted to suck up to the better sex, she and challenged GoodGravy flatlined.

Group I-F: People Magazine's sexiest man Blake Shelton (Austin) and tranny #1 Synth advance, eliminating Willie Nelson (Whiskey River) and GodOfGuitar -- proving once again guitar players can't write for shit. Asked for comment, Willie Nelson responded, "Cool brah... wanna get high?"

Round Two: Indie pop pop pop
Last edited by SilenceEvolves at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by seventh_angel
This sounds like fun. If we can post things that have already been posted in UG then I'm in.

k.
In

EDIT: does our piece have to read like it could be an American Country/Western Singer/Songwriter song, then?
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Last edited by DigUpHerBones at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by DigUpHerBones
In

EDIT: does our piece have to read like it could be an American Country/Western Singer/Songwriter song, then?

no.

the first round will just be a bunch of country-western songs showin' y'all up.

and the misspelling of american was intentional, because that's how its rightly pronounced. amuuuuurican.
Fairy nuft
Sent.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by Ch85us2001
In Me!

alright, send me whatever you want to use for the contest, if I get another applicant then you'll both be let in.

as of now, everything's due December 3rd.
Quote by bluesybilly
if you need another alternate then count me in

both you and ch85us are now added to the signup list. please send me something as soon as you can.
Quote by goodgravy13
I would like in if u still have room.

alright, shoot me a PM with your poem/lyrics. you're an alt for now but I'll add you to the roster for sure if another person joins or if someone else doesn't submit there's by the third.
I've now gotten all the songs typed up and seven entries PM'd to me. This is ready to go once the rest of you send in your poems.

I'm a pretty efficient guy when I'm not being a lazyass. I considered putting the first 3/4 polls up now, but I don't want the timing on all of them to be off.
It's because we can send in this we've already written
Quote by #1 synth
can I just send you another one so I'm in two groups and have a better chance of winning?

no cuz u r cheat.

if I don't get one more by about 6:30pm tonight (when I get home from work) I'm just going to enter this myself and put 'em up.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
will we be using the same piece each round?

I suppose, but I'm only gonna give y'all a day or two at most before I put up the next round probably.
Quote by SilenceEvolves
I suppose, but I'm only gonna give y'all a day or two at most before I put up the next round probably.

wait...so we will be using our first round entry every round, or will we have to submit a new piece for the next round and etc.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
wait...so we will be using our first round entry every round, or will we have to submit a new piece for the next round and etc.

I think what he means is that you have the option of changing your piece between rounds, but if you do you have to get the new one to him as soon as the round is done, because he doesn't want to have to wait for new pieces before each round.
Quote by bassbeat77
I think what he means is that you have the option of changing your piece between rounds, but if you do you have to get the new one to him as soon as the round is done, because he doesn't want to have to wait for new pieces before each round.

yeah. I was gonna say that eventually but I felt lazy. Thanks
Start sending me poems now if you want to change them before next round, which I'm leaning towards "Indie pop pop pop", a genre rigidly defined by me regardless of how you may classify the bands I choose.

Any groups that end in ties that will affect who advances will be decided by one day, non-multiple choice polls. I'd assume at least one of these will end in ties, so consider your next round poems due by the morning of the 9th.

You don't have to change them if you don't want to.
You're choosing the genres I write in instinctively.
Page 1 of 2