I'll start off by saying that I'm not a huge fan of punk/ska type of music, although I do like some of it. However, I have a friend who introduced me to the Living End and specifically one of their instrumental tracks off of their debut self-titled album. This band has a real interesting style, while they are strongly in the 'punk' vein, they also have some major Stray Cats influence a la Brian Setzer. Very interesting combo! The song is called 'Closing In', and I have to say that I'm blown away by the lead singer/lead guitar players abilities for a punk rocker (considering you don't hear a lot of good guitar solos in punk music, at least from what I've heard).

If you have not heard this song, I highly recommend checking it out. Right at about 1:30 in, the song really kicks in with a pretty wicked guitar solo that is among one of my favourites!

The main point to this thread is just to see if anyone else has heard this song and hear their thoughts as well as introduce this tune and band to people who may be interested.

Cheers and keep on rockin'!

Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!
Time to wait for Brian to show up declaring his hate for the band

For what it's worth, I love the song, but the Living End is not a punk band.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Quote by MisspentYouth
Time to wait for Brian to show up declaring his hate for the band

I'm not going to bother, although I will point out the two obvious deductions that I've made from listening.

Firstly, it's a short song that a band have made with the prime intent to show off their musicianship, the principle of which sucks.

Secondly, Chris Sh*t.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I'm not going to bother, although I will point out the two obvious deductions that I've made from listening.

Firstly, it's a short song that a band have made with the prime intent to show off their musicianship, the principle of which sucks.

Secondly, Chris Sh*t.

Just tearin' it apart eh? Well that's the level of maturity i'd come to expect from people on this website with their Holier-Than-Thou, I-Know-More-About-Good-Music-Than-You (and my personal favourite) I-Can-Play-That-In-My-Sleep attitudes. I should have known better to even attempt to express any interest in anything, especially in this of all forums. AND oops, my mistake, I also should have known better than to call The Living End 'punk'. I forgot that if you play more than 3 power chords in a song to anything slower than 180bpm, you are much more talented and more importantly INTERESTING than any punk band. And a guitar solo? Whoa, not cool.

Shoulda posted somewhere else...... wasting my freakin time here.
Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!