I'm looking for a new guitar, for around £400, I'm going to go new and i live in england,

i play stuff like pantera, metallica, slayer, trivium and more thrashey kinda stuff

preferably 24 frets,

definetly floyd rose,

those are basically the only things i really want,

any suggestions??

thanks a lot guys,
Haha my guitar for sure.
(Check mah sig).
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
A dean ml
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
Quote by Jimi Wylde
A dean ml

was gonna suggest this one.
as far as im aware theyre cheap enough.
I personally play a hardtail and the quality is good enough, good for what i paid anyway, which was around the 400 mark.
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
Look at Jacksons, Deans, ESPs, ect.
You'd probably like a Schecter.
-D
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Jackson USA Soloist. Beautiful guitar, no crap EMGs, neck-thru, and all the specs you want. Plus it won't make non-metal guitarists roll their eyes with its shape.
no
Dude I would recommened an Ibanez RG370dx its worth every penny and has never let me down.
Quote by bucky_2300
Jackson USA Soloist. Beautiful guitar, no crap EMGs, neck-thru, and all the specs you want. Plus it won't make non-metal guitarists roll their eyes with its shape.

the hell you can get a soloist for £400 new <_< (if you can someone please show me where :P)

but jackson are a good brand, check the DK2M thats around £400 I believe
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
the hell you can get a soloist for £400 new <_< (if you can someone please show me where :P)

but jackson are a good brand, check the DK2M thats around £400 I believe

Uuuuuused maaaaaaaarket. I don't know why OP wants to go new if only spending that much. I've bought guitars that retail for about $1100 CDN in great condition for around $500 used. Also, one could look at a non-USA Soloist.
no
^ they go new here for close to £2000, you're never going to get one for £400 even used. EDIT: though an SL3 might be worth considering.

If you can stretch the budget a bit, i'd consider an ibanez rg1570. assuming you're willing to swap the pickups later.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm sorry, I forgot that the UK guitar business charges out the nose.

Yeah, stretch the budget and go with a 1570 + a pickup swap.
no
Quote by bucky_2300
I'm sorry, I forgot that the UK guitar business charges out the nose.

Yeah, stretch the budget and go with a 1570 + a pickup swap.

no worries
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Avoid Ibanez RGs with Edge III trems.
Maybe go for an Ibanez S series?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
yeah, the big problem is that at £400 there are very few guitars available with decent floyds. ibanez s series; bc rich gunslinger (availability seems to be nonexistent on those, though, plus they have an almost "too-good-to-be-true" spec for the price, and as such the actual guitar may suck); ibanez rg1570 if you're willing to stretch the budget a little (which would be my choice, assuming you get on with the neck, basswood etc.). that's more or less your lot, to be honest.

maybe a washburn x40pro, but certainly the trem on the one I tried felt a lot more like the JT580LP on jackson pros than a "real" schaller, which is why I'm always wary of recommending it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Agiles have LFR! =X

Try www.rondomusic.com
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Look at Schecters, I recently bought a damien with EMG's and a Floyd Rose for 450 USD. Great metal guitar.
proud american
Schecter or ESP/LTD I think.
I don't like Deans, even for metal, but it's personal opinion.